Yuletide comes early for Chatteris Christmas Lighting Fund
CHATTERIS is planning early for Yuletide after a boost to its Christmas Lighting Fund.
The town has been inundated with donations and grants to turn the area into a bright and sparkling splendour come the end of the year.
And another �145 was put into the coffers after proceeds from a cake and plant sale, organised by Bridget Stevenson, were split between the Lighting Fund and St John Ambulance.
Lights committee treasurer Reg Tibbitts said: “2010 marks the 25th year of Chatteris Christmas Lights.
“All the time supporters like Bridget are prepared to put in so much effort to help with funding make sure the future of the display is secure.”
You may also want to watch:
The cash windfall means this year’s lights will be able to boast a lower carbon footprint.
Traditional bulbs will be replaced with low watt versions ready for the big switch on, which is due to take place on December 4.
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 7 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 8 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s