ZOMBIEGEDDON: The undead are here and they want your... charity donations
THE undead are preparing to invade Cambridge.
Fortunately, though, it will not be people’s brains they will be after this Halloween.
Instead the dozens of zombies will be shuffling around the city’s streets in search of charity donations.
The event, known as Zombiegeddon, will take place from noon next Saturday, starting from outside Forbidden Planet in Burleigh Street.
The spooky gathering took place for the first time last year, when organiser Tyler Mortimer and friends decided they should celebrate Halloween in style.
You may also want to watch:
The group used Twitter and Facebook to encourage other “zombies” to join them - resulting in about 100 of the living dead turning up in Cambridge.
They raised �100 for Cancer Research UK - and they hope to do even better this year.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 7 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 10 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
Tyler joked: “While the aim is for our zombies to have fun, we can’t ignore some of the negative stereotypes we see about zombies everyday.”
For more information search for the Zombiegeddon group on Facebook.