Zumba session to raise money for Fenland man, 26, who has terminal lung cancer
A PERSONAL trainer will host a Zumba session next Thursday to raise money for a 26-year-old Whittlesey man who has terminal lung cancer.
Amy West, of March, was stunned when she learned that Danny Baxter had been diagnosed with an inoperable form of the disease in June.
She will host the one-hour Zumba class - a latin-based fitness dance session - at Westwood Junior School in March and hopes around 50 people will attend.
Ms West said: “Emma Hammond is one of my best friends and she’s Danny’s cousin.
“They’re more like brother and sister than cousins and I was gutted when she told me the terrible news. Their whole family is so close and everyone’s absolutely distraught.
You may also want to watch:
“Danny’s in good spirits and has been so inspirational since he was told. He’s so young and it’s so cruel. I just want to help him enjoy the rest of his life as much as he can.”
Men or women can attend the event but participants must be at least 16 years old. Spaces do not have to be pre-booked to attend the class.
- 1 Woman escapes unharmed after car and bus B1101 crash
- 2 Tributes paid to 'much loved' Gabija killed in A605 crash
- 3 Family tribute to grandfather killed in A1123 crash
- 4 ‘I’m tired of being fobbed off’ says customer of Wisbech builder
- 5 Man dies in A11 ditch crash
- 6 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 7 Mum overwhelmed by support for 'angel gowns' project
- 8 14-year-old footballer's 'dream' comes true after securing England trial
- 9 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 10 Woman left 'terrified' after spitting assault
The session begins at 7.30pm and costs �5 to take part.