Bike trek sees Chatteris Cycling Club take on 100 mile ride
- Credit: Archant
Around 18 cyclists from Chatteris tackled a 100 mile Sunday bike ride across Fenland.
The Sunday 100 saw dedicated cyclists from Chatteris Cycling Club head off from March with the first 50 miles taking in the sights of St Ives, Warboys and Ramsey.
The club, which was set up in 2015, is a group of riders with a focus on ‘keeping the community cycling’.
Andy Murray, who has been chairman since the start of this year, said: “The ride went from March-Chatteris-Somersham-St Ives-Pidley-Warboys-Upwood-Ramsey Mereside-Pondersbridge-Ramsey 40ft-Benwick-Wimblington-Doddington-March.
“We were then met by Diane and Lucetta with cake, bananas and refreshments.
You may also want to watch:
“We then headed off on leg 2 Coldham-Friday Bridge-Elm-Emneth-Marshland-Stowbridge-Downham Market-Denver-Littleport-Welney-Christchurch-16ft and here the March contingent split off at Bedlam Bridge and the Chatteris contingent headed home.
“We had 18 riders set off from the Sportsman, with some electing to stop at the 50 miles point. Twelve riders completed 110 miles.
- 1 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 2 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 3 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 4 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 5 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 6 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 7 Crossing company praised for using local workers and suppliers
- 8 Suspected hare coursers get 4x4 stuck after crashing nose first in ditch
- 9 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
He added: “The main thing I love is that there’s no brand snobbery. As long as you have a bike and a helmet, then we’re happy to see you.”
For more information visit http://www.chatteriscyclingclub.com/