Bike trek sees Chatteris Cycling Club take on 100 mile ride
- Credit: Archant
Around 18 cyclists from Chatteris tackled a 100 mile Sunday bike ride across Fenland.
The Sunday 100 saw dedicated cyclists from Chatteris Cycling Club head off from March with the first 50 miles taking in the sights of St Ives, Warboys and Ramsey.
The club, which was set up in 2015, is a group of riders with a focus on ‘keeping the community cycling’.
Andy Murray, who has been chairman since the start of this year, said: “The ride went from March-Chatteris-Somersham-St Ives-Pidley-Warboys-Upwood-Ramsey Mereside-Pondersbridge-Ramsey 40ft-Benwick-Wimblington-Doddington-March.
“We were then met by Diane and Lucetta with cake, bananas and refreshments.
“We then headed off on leg 2 Coldham-Friday Bridge-Elm-Emneth-Marshland-Stowbridge-Downham Market-Denver-Littleport-Welney-Christchurch-16ft and here the March contingent split off at Bedlam Bridge and the Chatteris contingent headed home.
“We had 18 riders set off from the Sportsman, with some electing to stop at the 50 miles point. Twelve riders completed 110 miles.
- 1 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 2 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 3 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 4 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 5 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 6 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 7 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 8 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
- 9 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 10 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
He added: “The main thing I love is that there’s no brand snobbery. As long as you have a bike and a helmet, then we’re happy to see you.”
For more information visit http://www.chatteriscyclingclub.com/