Bike trek sees Chatteris Cycling Club take on 100 mile ride
- Credit: Archant
Around 18 cyclists from Chatteris tackled a 100 mile Sunday bike ride across Fenland.
The Sunday 100 saw dedicated cyclists from Chatteris Cycling Club head off from March with the first 50 miles taking in the sights of St Ives, Warboys and Ramsey.
The club, which was set up in 2015, is a group of riders with a focus on ‘keeping the community cycling’.
Andy Murray, who has been chairman since the start of this year, said: “The ride went from March-Chatteris-Somersham-St Ives-Pidley-Warboys-Upwood-Ramsey Mereside-Pondersbridge-Ramsey 40ft-Benwick-Wimblington-Doddington-March.
“We were then met by Diane and Lucetta with cake, bananas and refreshments.
You may also want to watch:
“We then headed off on leg 2 Coldham-Friday Bridge-Elm-Emneth-Marshland-Stowbridge-Downham Market-Denver-Littleport-Welney-Christchurch-16ft and here the March contingent split off at Bedlam Bridge and the Chatteris contingent headed home.
“We had 18 riders set off from the Sportsman, with some electing to stop at the 50 miles point. Twelve riders completed 110 miles.
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 3 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 4 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 5 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 6 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 7 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 8 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 9 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 10 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
He added: “The main thing I love is that there’s no brand snobbery. As long as you have a bike and a helmet, then we’re happy to see you.”
For more information visit http://www.chatteriscyclingclub.com/