A-grade display from youngsters during feast of cricket
THERE was a feast of end-of-season cricket when Chatteris Cricket Club hosted its six-a-side tournament on Sunday. The event, sponsored by the Walk the Dog pub and Sport Chatteris, was contested by six sides playing in five eight-ball over games. Chatteri
THERE was a feast of end-of-season cricket when Chatteris Cricket Club hosted its six-a-side tournament on Sunday.
The event, sponsored by the Walk the Dog pub and Sport Chatteris, was contested by six sides playing in five eight-ball over games.
Chatteris was represented by two teams - their emerging stars playing in the A team and the first team captain's 'Elite' B side.
Three Walk the Dog sides played under the banners of India, Australia and England and a side from Reed, near Royston, completed the line-up.
You may also want to watch:
Reed beat England to reach the final while the Chatteris teams went head-to-head in the other semi-final. Both sides scored 79-2 to tie and a bowl-off was required.
Dave Wool missed the stumps and Matt Hollis hit the target to send the A team through.
- 1 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 2 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 3 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 4 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 5 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 6 Five generations of family members meet up for the first time
- 7 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 8 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 9 Heroin worth £1.7m found in holdall in car in St Neots
- 10 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton
Chatteris' score of 66 looked obtainable for Reed, particularly when the Royston side reached 50-1.
But Alex Platt took three wickets in four balls and helped Chatteris to a 13-run win.
Results - group matches: Chatteris A (44-0) bt Walk the Dog India (43-2) by 6 wkts; Reed (87-0) bt Walk the Dog Australia (41-2) by 46 runs; Chatteris B (34-0) bt Walk the Dog Australia (33-5) by 6 wkts; Chatteris A (87-3) bt Walk the Dog India (22-6) by 65 runs; Walk the Dog England (52-2) bt Walk the Dog India (50-2) by 4 wkts; Reed (85-4) bt Chatteris B (78-0) by 7 runs. Semi-finals: Reed (26-2) bt Walk the Dog England (23-2) by 4 wkts; Chatteris A (79-2) bt Chatteris B (79-2) by 3-2 in a bowl-off. Final: Chatteris A (66-5) bt Reed (53-6) by 13 runs.