A letter from America
MARCH distance runner and Oklahoma State University student, Dan Watts is well in to the competition season and his latest result is very encouraging. However, he feels that, when training kicks-in, he will be running much faster times... I TRAVELLED to
MARCH distance runner and Oklahoma State University student, Dan Watts is well in to the competition season and his latest result is very encouraging.
However, he feels that, when training kicks-in, he will be running much faster times...
I TRAVELLED to Seattle to run in Saturday's Washington University Husky Classic.
Two 3000m races were run on an indoor 309m track that circled an American football field, and I finished sixth in the second race with a time of 8:12.87.
You may also want to watch:
The first race was won in a great time of 7:57.83 and overall, I ran the 17th fastest time of the day.
It should put me into the fast race at the Big 12 Championships in Nebraska on February 25, when eight runners will score from a field of 16.
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Man who died in road crash is named
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 4 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 5 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 6 Wright hopes overseas ace's return boosts March Town play-off hopes
- 7 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 8 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 9 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 10 Adult disability service on staying strong during Covid-19 pandemic
OSU had a great meet in Seattle, with three athletes running times of 8:03, 8:04 and 8:05 in the faster heat.
Our senior and my host on my recruiting trip, Sean McCabe, was a 'walk on' with no scholarship in his freshman year.
He had a previous best of 4:46 for the mile but on Saturday he smashed it and ran 4:04.14!
We are all really excited at what we are capable of.
We haven't done any speed workouts yet, because we are working on our anaerobic base before improving our lactic intolerance .... I think that's right!