Accomplished Jordan Gill remains unbeaten as he proves too good for Georgian challenger, paving way for title shot
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris boxer Jordan Gill made it 14 wins out of 14 on Saturday to secure a shot at the English Title.
The 21 year-old was up against Georgia’s top boxer, George Gachechiladze, at the Derby Arena.
Spurred on by his travelling army of fans, he produced a display of speed, skill, accuracy and stamina to win all six rounds. The last two rounds were televised on Spike TV.
Gill said: “He was a tough opponent. My hands are so bruised so his head must be too. I have now won all 14 of my professional fights. The English Title is next. I’d love to see the arena full of my supporters from Fenland and beyond.”
In the lead up to the bout, Gill trained at the Ingle Gym in Sheffield as well as doing extra strength and conditioning sessions with Boxing Science at Hallam University.
You may also want to watch:
Gill says he was “overwhelmed” by the support he received before and at the show. He was inundated with messages from fans and C&G Coaches took a coach load of supporters to the venue.
He said: “The support has been overwhelming, I love the enthusiasm and excitement of the fans, it gets me fired up and eager to put on a good show.”
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
Up next for Gill is an English Title shot. The British Boxing Board of Control has ordered him to fight Jamie Speight, the Southern Area Champion, for this belt. The date and venue is yet to be set but it will be this year.
Gill would like to thank George Munns and C&G Coaches for providing free transport for many of the fans. He is also grateful to individuals who sponsor him and companies Razor, Jordan Fitness and Chatteris Town Butchers for their ongoing support.