SPEEDWAY: March rider Adam Portwood to return to Isle of Wight Warriors next season
- Credit: Archant
March-based speedway star Adam Portwood will return to the Isle of Wight Warriors for the 2018 season.
The 22-year-old impressed during the second half of last season and will return to one of the Wightlinks’ reserve’s berths on a 3.83 average.
He said: “I am delighted to say that I am returning to the team in 2018.
“My aim is to improve my average and progress into the main body of the team.
“I love coming over to the island, the fans are spot on and same goes for all the officials and I think the track is awesome.”
You may also want to watch:
Wightlink Warriors team manager, Jack Vatcher, said: “Last season, the Warriors struggled on track for many different reasons and Adam’s inclusion in the team was a massive boost, as he was great for team spirit, and had the experience to win races.”
Adam is also looking for sponsorship. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 2 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle
- 3 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 4 Sandbags available ahead as Storm Christoph arrives
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 7 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 8 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 9 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years