SPEEDWAY: March rider Adam Portwood to return to Isle of Wight Warriors next season
- Credit: Archant
March-based speedway star Adam Portwood will return to the Isle of Wight Warriors for the 2018 season.
The 22-year-old impressed during the second half of last season and will return to one of the Wightlinks’ reserve’s berths on a 3.83 average.
He said: “I am delighted to say that I am returning to the team in 2018.
“My aim is to improve my average and progress into the main body of the team.
“I love coming over to the island, the fans are spot on and same goes for all the officials and I think the track is awesome.”
You may also want to watch:
Wightlink Warriors team manager, Jack Vatcher, said: “Last season, the Warriors struggled on track for many different reasons and Adam’s inclusion in the team was a massive boost, as he was great for team spirit, and had the experience to win races.”
Adam is also looking for sponsorship. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 2 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 4 Man who died in road crash is named
- 5 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 6 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 7 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 8 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 9 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 10 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’