SPEEDWAY: March rider Adam Portwood to return to Isle of Wight Warriors next season
- Credit: Archant
March-based speedway star Adam Portwood will return to the Isle of Wight Warriors for the 2018 season.
The 22-year-old impressed during the second half of last season and will return to one of the Wightlinks’ reserve’s berths on a 3.83 average.
He said: “I am delighted to say that I am returning to the team in 2018.
“My aim is to improve my average and progress into the main body of the team.
“I love coming over to the island, the fans are spot on and same goes for all the officials and I think the track is awesome.”
You may also want to watch:
Wightlink Warriors team manager, Jack Vatcher, said: “Last season, the Warriors struggled on track for many different reasons and Adam’s inclusion in the team was a massive boost, as he was great for team spirit, and had the experience to win races.”
Adam is also looking for sponsorship. For more information, contact email@example.com.
- 1 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 2 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 6 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 7 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 8 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 9 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 10 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police