AFC Sudbury Reserves 0-7 March Town: four-goal Odain helps Hares to biggest win of the season
- Credit: Archant
In-form March Town hitman Ondre Odain hit four goals as March Town smashed seven past a sorry AFC Sudbury Reserves.
The Hares travelled to Suffolk on the back of a 2-0 win over Team Bury last weekend, and took the lead after 13 minutes when Odain converted a Josh Jackman cross.
16-year-old striker Rob Conyard marked his rise to first-team football with his second goal in as many Hares matches in the 24th minute when he finished smartly after a fizzing ball into the box from Matthew Cox, and Cox helped himself to a goal shortly afterwards when a Dan Woods corner caused havoc in the Sudbury box.
Odain doubled his tally three minutes before half time when he headed home a set piece, and the Hares weren’t happy with a four-goal lead and added a fifth after half time through Woods, who then turned provider again for Odain to complete his hat trick on the hour.
Odain had his fourth and March had their seventh 20 minutes from time when the striker added a deft touch to a Matthew Barber cross, and despite dominating the final stages, the Hares couldn’t add any more goals on a glorious afternoon for Chris Barlett and his squad.
You may also want to watch:
The Hares, who have now kept two consecutive clean sheets, are back in action on Wednesday night, when they take on basement side Needham Market Reserves (7.45pm).
March pipped Needham 3-2 when the two clubs met at the GER last month, and Bartlett’s men will look for a third straight league win which could take them into ninth place in the Thurlow Nunn Division One.
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 5 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 6 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 7 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 8 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 9 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision
- 10 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list