Amy Newell treble helps Park Ladies to draw ahead of title-decider next weekend
- Credit: Archant
An Amy Newell hat-trick helped Park Ladies warm up for their vital clash with Riverside Rovers next week with an entertaining 3-3 draw against Wisbech St Mary.
After both sides had their respective league games cancelled, the two teams met in a friendly on Sunday afternoon.
Although the match was a friendly, the encounter was a fast-paced affair, and Wisbech St Mary raced into a two-goal lead after just 20 minutes.
Park pulled a goal back before half time when Newell finished well after a neat pass from Erin Powell.
Newell then grabbed her second goal after half time after rounding the goalkeeper and slotting home.
You may also want to watch:
Wisbech St Mary retook the lead deep into the second half, but Park’s determined forward play resulted in Newell sealing her hat-trick after more clever work from Powell.
Park go to fourth-placed Riverside Rovers next Sunday for their final game of their S-Tech South League campaign, knowing that a win will see them crowned as champions and secure their promotion to the Premiership.
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 3 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 4 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 5 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 6 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 7 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 8 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 9 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 10 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named