Amy Newell treble helps Park Ladies to draw ahead of title-decider next weekend
- Credit: Archant
An Amy Newell hat-trick helped Park Ladies warm up for their vital clash with Riverside Rovers next week with an entertaining 3-3 draw against Wisbech St Mary.
After both sides had their respective league games cancelled, the two teams met in a friendly on Sunday afternoon.
Although the match was a friendly, the encounter was a fast-paced affair, and Wisbech St Mary raced into a two-goal lead after just 20 minutes.
Park pulled a goal back before half time when Newell finished well after a neat pass from Erin Powell.
Newell then grabbed her second goal after half time after rounding the goalkeeper and slotting home.
You may also want to watch:
Wisbech St Mary retook the lead deep into the second half, but Park’s determined forward play resulted in Newell sealing her hat-trick after more clever work from Powell.
Park go to fourth-placed Riverside Rovers next Sunday for their final game of their S-Tech South League campaign, knowing that a win will see them crowned as champions and secure their promotion to the Premiership.
- 1 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 4 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 5 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 6 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 7 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 8 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 9 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 10 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit