Amy Newell treble helps Park Ladies to draw ahead of title-decider next weekend
- Credit: Archant
An Amy Newell hat-trick helped Park Ladies warm up for their vital clash with Riverside Rovers next week with an entertaining 3-3 draw against Wisbech St Mary.
After both sides had their respective league games cancelled, the two teams met in a friendly on Sunday afternoon.
Although the match was a friendly, the encounter was a fast-paced affair, and Wisbech St Mary raced into a two-goal lead after just 20 minutes.
Park pulled a goal back before half time when Newell finished well after a neat pass from Erin Powell.
Newell then grabbed her second goal after half time after rounding the goalkeeper and slotting home.
You may also want to watch:
Wisbech St Mary retook the lead deep into the second half, but Park’s determined forward play resulted in Newell sealing her hat-trick after more clever work from Powell.
Park go to fourth-placed Riverside Rovers next Sunday for their final game of their S-Tech South League campaign, knowing that a win will see them crowned as champions and secure their promotion to the Premiership.
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 3 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 4 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 5 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 6 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 7 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 8 £1.5 million food store creates 12 jobs
- 9 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 10 Villagers stay strong to earn perfect post-lockdown record