Andy Lodge quits as Whittlesey Athletic boss
- Credit: Archant
Andy Lodge has resigned as manager of Whittlesey Athletic.
Lodge, who guided Whittlesey to Step Six football for the first time in the club’s history last season, has stepped down due to financial issues within the club.
Whittlesey face demotion from the United Counties Division One at the end of the season for failing to meet the ground regulations demanded by the competition, which Lodge says left him with “no choice” but to leave Feldale Field.
He said: “I had a meeting with the club last night (September 18) about funding going forward and they’ve told me that they no longer have the funding available, so I was left with no choice but to leave.”
It’s understood that funding originally put aside for compulsory floodlights at Feldale Fields - which have to be installed by September 30 - was withdrawn recently.
You may also want to watch:
Whittlesey have made a steady start in the UCL Division One with three wins – including a 15-0 triumph over Burton Park Wanderers – three draws and four losses.
- 1 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 2 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 3 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 4 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 5 Rugby club fears vendetta after vandals strike again
- 6 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 7 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 8 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 9 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week