Andy Lodge quits as Whittlesey Athletic boss
- Credit: Archant
Andy Lodge has resigned as manager of Whittlesey Athletic.
Lodge, who guided Whittlesey to Step Six football for the first time in the club’s history last season, has stepped down due to financial issues within the club.
Whittlesey face demotion from the United Counties Division One at the end of the season for failing to meet the ground regulations demanded by the competition, which Lodge says left him with “no choice” but to leave Feldale Field.
He said: “I had a meeting with the club last night (September 18) about funding going forward and they’ve told me that they no longer have the funding available, so I was left with no choice but to leave.”
It’s understood that funding originally put aside for compulsory floodlights at Feldale Fields - which have to be installed by September 30 - was withdrawn recently.
You may also want to watch:
Whittlesey have made a steady start in the UCL Division One with three wins – including a 15-0 triumph over Burton Park Wanderers – three draws and four losses.
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 3 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 4 Theatre group stalwart steps down after nine years
- 5 Yard sale raises over £1,400 from second annual event
- 6 Health chief’s stark warning: ‘The virus doesn’t care we changed the rules’
- 7 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologised after 90mph police pursuit
- 8 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 9 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 10 Medieval pottery unearthed at Cambs campsite