Andy Lodge quits as Whittlesey Athletic boss
- Credit: Archant
Andy Lodge has resigned as manager of Whittlesey Athletic.
Lodge, who guided Whittlesey to Step Six football for the first time in the club’s history last season, has stepped down due to financial issues within the club.
Whittlesey face demotion from the United Counties Division One at the end of the season for failing to meet the ground regulations demanded by the competition, which Lodge says left him with “no choice” but to leave Feldale Field.
He said: “I had a meeting with the club last night (September 18) about funding going forward and they’ve told me that they no longer have the funding available, so I was left with no choice but to leave.”
It’s understood that funding originally put aside for compulsory floodlights at Feldale Fields - which have to be installed by September 30 - was withdrawn recently.
You may also want to watch:
Whittlesey have made a steady start in the UCL Division One with three wins – including a 15-0 triumph over Burton Park Wanderers – three draws and four losses.
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 3 Man who died in road crash is named
- 4 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 5 DJ, 11, branded 'an inspiration' after winning top award
- 6 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 7 Photographer amazed by praise thanks to stunning images of space
- 8 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 9 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 10 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre