Annual football tournament at March Park Rangers is ‘biggest and best yet’
- Credit: Archant
March Park Rangers Youth Football Club held their 5th annual 6-a-side football tournament.
It proved to be their biggest and best yet with almost 80 teams in attendance over the two days.
Age groups taking part ranged from 6 to 11 years old.
This year's winners were: Under 8 - Feeder Soccer, Under 9 - Malborne, Under 10 - Peterborough Northern Star and Under 11 - Milton.
Both FairPlay and player of the final awards were presented on both days.
You may also want to watch:
The whole weekend was made possible due to the fantastic help and support from an army of volunteers that comprised of players, managers, parents and grandparents.
A massive thank you goes to the many local businesses that contributed to the weekend by kindly sponsoring pitches, trophies and advertising in the programme that was issued to more than 500 families.
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 5 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 6 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 7 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 8 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 9 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision
- 10 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
Before play commenced on Saturday representatives from Tesco's March presented managers and players from March Park Rangers with their cheque for £2000 following their recent Bags for Help grant.
March Park Rangers is a Charter Standard Football Club that offers the opportunity for children aged 3 to 17 years old to participate in football in a friendly, safe and fun environment.
For more information please visit our Facebook page or contact Joanne on 07933706462.