Annual football tournament at March Park Rangers is ‘biggest and best yet’
- Credit: Archant
March Park Rangers Youth Football Club held their 5th annual 6-a-side football tournament.
It proved to be their biggest and best yet with almost 80 teams in attendance over the two days.
Age groups taking part ranged from 6 to 11 years old.
This year's winners were: Under 8 - Feeder Soccer, Under 9 - Malborne, Under 10 - Peterborough Northern Star and Under 11 - Milton.
Both FairPlay and player of the final awards were presented on both days.
You may also want to watch:
The whole weekend was made possible due to the fantastic help and support from an army of volunteers that comprised of players, managers, parents and grandparents.
A massive thank you goes to the many local businesses that contributed to the weekend by kindly sponsoring pitches, trophies and advertising in the programme that was issued to more than 500 families.
- 1 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 2 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 3 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 4 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 5 Five generations of family members meet up for the first time
- 6 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 9 Heroin worth £1.7m found in holdall in car in St Neots
- 10 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton
Before play commenced on Saturday representatives from Tesco's March presented managers and players from March Park Rangers with their cheque for £2000 following their recent Bags for Help grant.
March Park Rangers is a Charter Standard Football Club that offers the opportunity for children aged 3 to 17 years old to participate in football in a friendly, safe and fun environment.
For more information please visit our Facebook page or contact Joanne on 07933706462.