Another Fen Derby? Wisbech Town and March Town United come through Cambs Invitation Cup ties
A CAMBS Invitation Cup Fen Derby remains a possibility after Wisbech Town and March Town United came through their first round ties last night.
The Fenmen outclassed Linton Granta, claiming a 4-1 win, while the Hares pipped Lakenheath 1-0 despite the absence of their manager.
Paul Crosbie was away in Brussels with the Tartan Army, supporting Scotland as they limped to a 2-0 defeat against Belgium.
But his troops still did the job at the GER, as James McDonough’s strike 15 minutes from time proved enough to edge them into the quarter-finals.
For the Fenmen it was a more comfortable evening, as goals from Anthony Reeve, Darren Jimson, Lewis Clayton and in-form Adam Millson saw them breeze into the next round.
You may also want to watch:
Steve Appleby’s side also had time to miss a penalty - Rogan McGeorge saw his spot-kick well saved - and have Reeve sent off for stamping.
The quarter-finals are due to be played in January.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million