Another Fen Derby? Wisbech Town and March Town United come through Cambs Invitation Cup ties
A CAMBS Invitation Cup Fen Derby remains a possibility after Wisbech Town and March Town United came through their first round ties last night.
The Fenmen outclassed Linton Granta, claiming a 4-1 win, while the Hares pipped Lakenheath 1-0 despite the absence of their manager.
Paul Crosbie was away in Brussels with the Tartan Army, supporting Scotland as they limped to a 2-0 defeat against Belgium.
But his troops still did the job at the GER, as James McDonough’s strike 15 minutes from time proved enough to edge them into the quarter-finals.
For the Fenmen it was a more comfortable evening, as goals from Anthony Reeve, Darren Jimson, Lewis Clayton and in-form Adam Millson saw them breeze into the next round.
You may also want to watch:
Steve Appleby’s side also had time to miss a penalty - Rogan McGeorge saw his spot-kick well saved - and have Reeve sent off for stamping.
The quarter-finals are due to be played in January.
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 3 Stunning drone footage shows prom night in all its glory
- 4 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 5 Yard sale raises over £1,400 from second annual event
- 6 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 7 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologises after 90mph police pursuit
- 8 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 9 Rural theft cost Cambridgeshire £2 million in 2020
- 10 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack