Another solid weekend for George Russell, who finds himself in top five of overall FIA Formula 3 European standings
- Credit: Archant
Tydd St Giles racer George Russell produced three points finishes at Monza ... but it could have been even better.
In Round Four of the FIA Formula 3 European Championship, Russell made up a place from qualifying to finish eighth in the first race.
In race two, Russell enjoyed a lightening start and showed great pace throughout to go from 14th to sixth.
In the final race, Russell was handily placed in seventh, with a top five finish in his sights, when the red flag was waved due to the amount of crashes which had taken place over the weekend.
Russell said: “We made another good start. We were doing a lot of overtaking and moved up to P7 early on. Unfortunately there was an incident creating a red flag half way through and the race didn’t restart.
You may also want to watch:
“That was quite disappointing as I was catching the guys ahead of me and I thought P5 could’ve been on the cards.
“All in all we had three very good races, but we just really need to work on our qualifying performance.
- 1 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 2 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 4 Man who died in road crash is named
- 5 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 6 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 7 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 8 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 9 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 10 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
“We haven’t quite optimised that yet and it’s really hindering our races. But we’ll keep pushing and come back fighting for the next round at Spa (June 19-21).”
Russell is fifth in the overall standings (68 points). Championship leader is Antonio Giovinazzi (182 points).