Another solid weekend for George Russell, who finds himself in top five of overall FIA Formula 3 European standings
- Credit: Archant
Tydd St Giles racer George Russell produced three points finishes at Monza ... but it could have been even better.
In Round Four of the FIA Formula 3 European Championship, Russell made up a place from qualifying to finish eighth in the first race.
In race two, Russell enjoyed a lightening start and showed great pace throughout to go from 14th to sixth.
In the final race, Russell was handily placed in seventh, with a top five finish in his sights, when the red flag was waved due to the amount of crashes which had taken place over the weekend.
Russell said: “We made another good start. We were doing a lot of overtaking and moved up to P7 early on. Unfortunately there was an incident creating a red flag half way through and the race didn’t restart.
You may also want to watch:
“That was quite disappointing as I was catching the guys ahead of me and I thought P5 could’ve been on the cards.
“All in all we had three very good races, but we just really need to work on our qualifying performance.
- 1 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 2 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 6 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 7 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 8 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 9 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
- 10 Motor cyclist killed in March crash
“We haven’t quite optimised that yet and it’s really hindering our races. But we’ll keep pushing and come back fighting for the next round at Spa (June 19-21).”
Russell is fifth in the overall standings (68 points). Championship leader is Antonio Giovinazzi (182 points).