Archery: Juniors stay on target for gold
PARKFIELD Archers seniors and juniors have been in medal-winning form in regional and county competitions. The third Open Western Competition, held at Wimblington, attracted no fewer than 60 archers from around the region. The juniors led the way and Jas
PARKFIELD Archers' seniors and juniors have been in medal-winning form in regional and county competitions.
The third Open Western Competition, held at Wimblington, attracted no fewer than 60 archers from around the region.
The juniors led the way and Jason Bullman, Ken Watson and Harry Silvester won gold when they won the recurve team event.
Individual medals went to Sally Watson, Peter Fletcher, Jordan and Ashley Bullman, Michael Fletcher and Sophie Bush.
You may also want to watch:
Senior archers were also determined to win medals and Angela Watson finished third in the ladies recurve and Steve Bullman second in the compound.
Not to be out done by her husband or children, Debbie Bullman finished second in the ladies compound.
- 1 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 2 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 4 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 5 iPads and laptops stolen in school break-in
- 6 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 7 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 8 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’
- 9 MP Steve Barclay visits £14m A47 Guyhirn roundabout upgrade works
- 10 Drink-driver blows over four times legal limit after ‘booze and cruise’
Winners of the senior individual events were Kenny Allen, of Taverham Archers, Maureen Edgar, from Jolly Archers, Jan Bowen, competing for City of Cambridge Bowman and Helen Darby-Smythe, from Brampton and Wyton Archers.
But the medal haul didn't stop there and there were more success at the Cambridgeshire Championships held in Cambridge.
Once again, the juniors came away with the best results with Jason, Jordan and Ashley Bullman all winning medals and Sally Watson taking the Junior Lady shield for the longbow.
Parkfield's junior team of Jason Bullman, Ken Watson and Harry Silvester took silver in the team event.
SURE SHOTS: Parkfield Archers' juniors show off their medals won at the Cambridgeshire County Championships.