Archery: Juniors stay on target for gold
PARKFIELD Archers seniors and juniors have been in medal-winning form in regional and county competitions. The third Open Western Competition, held at Wimblington, attracted no fewer than 60 archers from around the region. The juniors led the way and Jas
PARKFIELD Archers' seniors and juniors have been in medal-winning form in regional and county competitions.
The third Open Western Competition, held at Wimblington, attracted no fewer than 60 archers from around the region.
The juniors led the way and Jason Bullman, Ken Watson and Harry Silvester won gold when they won the recurve team event.
Individual medals went to Sally Watson, Peter Fletcher, Jordan and Ashley Bullman, Michael Fletcher and Sophie Bush.
You may also want to watch:
Senior archers were also determined to win medals and Angela Watson finished third in the ladies recurve and Steve Bullman second in the compound.
Not to be out done by her husband or children, Debbie Bullman finished second in the ladies compound.
- 1 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 2 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 3 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 4 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 5 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 MP takes a tour of school’s £14m transformation
- 8 9 hidden gems of East Anglia by rail from Cambridgeshire
- 9 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 10 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
Winners of the senior individual events were Kenny Allen, of Taverham Archers, Maureen Edgar, from Jolly Archers, Jan Bowen, competing for City of Cambridge Bowman and Helen Darby-Smythe, from Brampton and Wyton Archers.
But the medal haul didn't stop there and there were more success at the Cambridgeshire Championships held in Cambridge.
Once again, the juniors came away with the best results with Jason, Jordan and Ashley Bullman all winning medals and Sally Watson taking the Junior Lady shield for the longbow.
Parkfield's junior team of Jason Bullman, Ken Watson and Harry Silvester took silver in the team event.
SURE SHOTS: Parkfield Archers' juniors show off their medals won at the Cambridgeshire County Championships.