Archery: Juniors stay on target for silver success
PARKFIELD Archers were celebrating another medal-winning weekend after competing in the Cambridgeshire County Indoor Championships at the St Ivo Sports Centre, St Ives. Silver medals went to Jason Bullman in the junior boy recurve, Sally Watson in the jun
PARKFIELD Archers were celebrating another medal-winning weekend after competing in the Cambridgeshire County Indoor Championships at the St Ivo Sports Centre, St Ives.
Silver medals went to Jason Bullman in the junior boy recurve, Sally Watson in the junior girl longbow and Tom Searle in the junior boy longbow.
Ashley Bullman won bronze in the junior boy longbow, while Ken Watson missed out on a medal by just four points after finishing fourth in the junior boy recurve.
Year medals were given to members of the 2005 county squad and the majority of the junior team came from Parkfield. Jason, Jordan and Ashley Bullman, Ken and Sally Watson and Peter Fletcher all received medals.
The event was run alongside the Jolly Archers open shoot and once again the Parkfield juniors were in great form.
Sally Watson struck gold, Ashley and Jason Bullman won silver and Ken Watson, bronze. The Parkfield longbow team of Steve Green, Steve Hutchcraft and Tom Searle also won bronze.
- 1 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 2 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 3 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 4 Dealer responsible for £500k worth of drugs caught
- 5 Chapel conversion withdrawn following stinging rebuke
- 6 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 7 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 8 Man dies after van and lorry crash on A141
- 9 Man charged with attempted murder as stab victim is found
- 10 Developer going flat out to convert former post office
There was also success for the adult team. Steve Bullman won silver in the county competition and the double, while Angela Watson took gold in the double.
The winner of the boys' recurve event was Matty Alexander-Fox of Jolly Archers, who was also a member of the winning recurve team and was presented with a county squad medal.