Archery: Juniors stay on target for silver success
PARKFIELD Archers were celebrating another medal-winning weekend after competing in the Cambridgeshire County Indoor Championships at the St Ivo Sports Centre, St Ives. Silver medals went to Jason Bullman in the junior boy recurve, Sally Watson in the jun
PARKFIELD Archers were celebrating another medal-winning weekend after competing in the Cambridgeshire County Indoor Championships at the St Ivo Sports Centre, St Ives.
Silver medals went to Jason Bullman in the junior boy recurve, Sally Watson in the junior girl longbow and Tom Searle in the junior boy longbow.
Ashley Bullman won bronze in the junior boy longbow, while Ken Watson missed out on a medal by just four points after finishing fourth in the junior boy recurve.
Year medals were given to members of the 2005 county squad and the majority of the junior team came from Parkfield. Jason, Jordan and Ashley Bullman, Ken and Sally Watson and Peter Fletcher all received medals.
You may also want to watch:
The event was run alongside the Jolly Archers open shoot and once again the Parkfield juniors were in great form.
Sally Watson struck gold, Ashley and Jason Bullman won silver and Ken Watson, bronze. The Parkfield longbow team of Steve Green, Steve Hutchcraft and Tom Searle also won bronze.
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 3 Man who died in road crash is named
- 4 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 5 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 6 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 7 Wright hopes overseas ace's return boosts March Town play-off hopes
- 8 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 9 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 10 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
There was also success for the adult team. Steve Bullman won silver in the county competition and the double, while Angela Watson took gold in the double.
The winner of the boys' recurve event was Matty Alexander-Fox of Jolly Archers, who was also a member of the winning recurve team and was presented with a county squad medal.