ATHLETICS: March AC star Gaelle tackles 100km Jurassic Coast race - and finishes in just 18 hours
- Credit: Archant
A runner from March has tackled her biggest challenge to date – a race covering a whopping 100 kilometres.
Gaelle Bryant from March AC, fresh from completing the London Marathon, took part in the Jurassic Coast 100k race last weekend.
The race spans 60 miles, beginning at Chesil Beach in Weymouth and ending in Exmouth and Gaelle crossed the line in an impressive time of 18 hours and three minutes. She was one of only 95 participants to complete the challenge, and the race’s fastest finisher completed the 100km in 11 hours and 58 minutes.
Slightly closer to home – and taking on a significantly shorter distance – were Geraldine and Andrew Larham at the Deeping 10k.
The duo also put in top displays and Geraldine’s time of 42 minutes and 12 seconds earned her second place in the ladies category.
You may also want to watch:
Andrew crossed the line in 40 minutes and 42 seconds.
- 1 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 4 All staff and residents at Chatteris care home now vaccinated against Covid
- 5 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 6 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs already this year
- 7 MP wants an end to floods misery in the Fens
- 8 Green light for off-licence despite objections
- 9 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 10 'Eccentric traveller' spotted riding vintage bicycle ahead of historic trip