ATHLETICS: March AC star Gaelle tackles 100km Jurassic Coast race - and finishes in just 18 hours
- Credit: Archant
A runner from March has tackled her biggest challenge to date – a race covering a whopping 100 kilometres.
Gaelle Bryant from March AC, fresh from completing the London Marathon, took part in the Jurassic Coast 100k race last weekend.
The race spans 60 miles, beginning at Chesil Beach in Weymouth and ending in Exmouth and Gaelle crossed the line in an impressive time of 18 hours and three minutes. She was one of only 95 participants to complete the challenge, and the race’s fastest finisher completed the 100km in 11 hours and 58 minutes.
Slightly closer to home – and taking on a significantly shorter distance – were Geraldine and Andrew Larham at the Deeping 10k.
The duo also put in top displays and Geraldine’s time of 42 minutes and 12 seconds earned her second place in the ladies category.
You may also want to watch:
Andrew crossed the line in 40 minutes and 42 seconds.
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 4 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 5 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 6 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 7 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 8 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 9 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 10 Villagers stay strong to earn perfect post-lockdown record