ATHLETICS: March AC star Gaelle tackles 100km Jurassic Coast race - and finishes in just 18 hours
- Credit: Archant
A runner from March has tackled her biggest challenge to date – a race covering a whopping 100 kilometres.
Gaelle Bryant from March AC, fresh from completing the London Marathon, took part in the Jurassic Coast 100k race last weekend.
The race spans 60 miles, beginning at Chesil Beach in Weymouth and ending in Exmouth and Gaelle crossed the line in an impressive time of 18 hours and three minutes. She was one of only 95 participants to complete the challenge, and the race’s fastest finisher completed the 100km in 11 hours and 58 minutes.
Slightly closer to home – and taking on a significantly shorter distance – were Geraldine and Andrew Larham at the Deeping 10k.
The duo also put in top displays and Geraldine’s time of 42 minutes and 12 seconds earned her second place in the ladies category.
Andrew crossed the line in 40 minutes and 42 seconds.
- 1 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 2 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 3 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 4 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 5 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 6 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 7 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 8 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 9 Could you give these pets a home?
- 10 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road