ATHLETICS: March Athletics Club trio tackle two marathon challenge
- Credit: Archant
One marathon wasn’t enough for three March Athletics Club members last weekend.
Emma Tuck, Dave Burgess and Alan Brown turned out at the Cotswolds Way Ultra Marathon and successfully completed a whopping 53 miles in 12 hours, seven minutes and 27 seconds, finishing in 63rd, 64th and 65th respectively out of 328 runners.
Emma was the 15th lady across the line in a field of 110 others.
March AC also had a strong contingent at the Sutton Beast race, with the title of the quickest March runner going to Justin Elvidge, who crossed the line in 42 minutes and 25 seconds, earning him a seventh place finish.
Other results: Mike Boxall 42:42 (8th), Simon Render 46:06, Rachel Boxall 55:38, Karen Dando 58:08
You may also want to watch:
The first of the Peterborough Grand Prix Series got also underway took place last week, with Hugo Bryant entering his first of the senior races.
He completed the 5k challenge in 20 minutes and 31 seconds.
- 1 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 2 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 3 Dogs 'whining and crying' claims kennels objector
- 4 Two appear in court for murder after victim dies from 2006 assault
- 5 Arsonists strike again by setting fire to tyres
- 6 Warner Bros spotted filming new Batman movie at Burghley House
- 7 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
- 8 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 9 NHS doctor ‘banned from describing himself as ‘Dr’ on ballot paper’
- 10 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
Other times: Geraldine Larham 20:16, Wayne Stimson 20:17,Liam Lambert 21:59, Martin Gardner 24:18, Tina Lambert 24:55, Frances Cooke 27:39, Bill Swalding 29:18, Pat Brown 34:06 3k – Serge Lambert 15:26.