Athow continues impressive form with first hole in one at March Golf Club
- Credit: Archant
It’s been a memorable few weeks for one man as he continued his impressive form at March Golf Club.
After notching his first hole in one in a friendly competition, Mark Athow then won the club’s professional prize competition the next day.
Last weekend, Athow and partner Jack Barlow also supreme in the captains’ charity and McCormick shield competition with 48 stableford points, finishing ahead of Brian Curran & Jon King on 43 points and Lewis Hearn & Tom Cracknell with 42 points.
Daemon O’Fee won the Mottram Trophy with 37 points, followed by Tom Sharp and Wayne Miles with 36 and 35 points respectively.
In the ladies section, Carolyn Morton earned the Andrews Trophy with a total of 37 points, while previously, Gail Johnson won the medal with a net one under par 70.
You may also want to watch:
March Golf Club is open to non-members and has introduced a twilight rate. All golf must be booked in advance.
For more information, visit https://www.marchgolfclub.co.uk/.
- 1 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 2 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 3 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 4 Green light for off-licence despite objections
- 5 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 6 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 7 All staff and residents at Chatteris care home now vaccinated against Covid
- 8 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 9 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 10 Have your say on Mepal crematorium plans - but be quick