Athow continues impressive form with first hole in one at March Golf Club
- Credit: Archant
It’s been a memorable few weeks for one man as he continued his impressive form at March Golf Club.
After notching his first hole in one in a friendly competition, Mark Athow then won the club’s professional prize competition the next day.
Last weekend, Athow and partner Jack Barlow also supreme in the captains’ charity and McCormick shield competition with 48 stableford points, finishing ahead of Brian Curran & Jon King on 43 points and Lewis Hearn & Tom Cracknell with 42 points.
Daemon O’Fee won the Mottram Trophy with 37 points, followed by Tom Sharp and Wayne Miles with 36 and 35 points respectively.
In the ladies section, Carolyn Morton earned the Andrews Trophy with a total of 37 points, while previously, Gail Johnson won the medal with a net one under par 70.
You may also want to watch:
March Golf Club is open to non-members and has introduced a twilight rate. All golf must be booked in advance.
For more information, visit https://www.marchgolfclub.co.uk/.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies