Athow continues impressive form with first hole in one at March Golf Club
- Credit: Archant
It’s been a memorable few weeks for one man as he continued his impressive form at March Golf Club.
After notching his first hole in one in a friendly competition, Mark Athow then won the club’s professional prize competition the next day.
Last weekend, Athow and partner Jack Barlow also supreme in the captains’ charity and McCormick shield competition with 48 stableford points, finishing ahead of Brian Curran & Jon King on 43 points and Lewis Hearn & Tom Cracknell with 42 points.
Daemon O’Fee won the Mottram Trophy with 37 points, followed by Tom Sharp and Wayne Miles with 36 and 35 points respectively.
In the ladies section, Carolyn Morton earned the Andrews Trophy with a total of 37 points, while previously, Gail Johnson won the medal with a net one under par 70.
You may also want to watch:
March Golf Club is open to non-members and has introduced a twilight rate. All golf must be booked in advance.
For more information, visit https://www.marchgolfclub.co.uk/.
- 1 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 2 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 3 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 4 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 5 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 6 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 7 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 8 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 9 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 10 Alleged paedophile released on bail