Joshua wins Chatteris top junior tennis award
- Credit: Archant
Talented Joshua Rhone was crowned Chatteris Tennis Club’s top junior and presented with The Julie Wing Junior Coaching Award 2018.
In recognition of his achievement Joshua not only received a Certificate of Merit but also four one hour individual coaching lessons with the club’s coach Lisa Kennedy of the LK Tennis Academy.
Joshua was presented with award at the club’s junior club night, by Dave Wing, sponsor of the award on July 23.
Attending the presentation were Joshua’s parents, club committee members, club members and Joshua’s junior club night friends.
The latter included past winners of the award: Liam Garcia, Oliver Appleby and Lucy Thompson, all aged 11, who recently competed in the Road To Wimbledon Under 14 County Finals in Cambridge having won through from the Venue Stage held in Wisbech.
You may also want to watch:
Each year all juniors from age five upwards taking part in the club’s junior coaching programme from March to July are eligible for the award.
The winner is selected as the junior, recommended by the coach, who “has consistently demonstrated the enthusiasm, dedication ability and qualities required to develop as a tennis player and the potential to gain a lifelong benefit from participating in and contributing to the sport of tennis”.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
Coaching programmes for junior’s and adults are held at the club each year from March to October with the next programme commencing September 9.
For further details contact Shona Kent 01354 655363 or visit the club’s website: www.chatteristennis.com