Joshua wins Chatteris top junior tennis award
- Credit: Archant
Talented Joshua Rhone was crowned Chatteris Tennis Club’s top junior and presented with The Julie Wing Junior Coaching Award 2018.
In recognition of his achievement Joshua not only received a Certificate of Merit but also four one hour individual coaching lessons with the club’s coach Lisa Kennedy of the LK Tennis Academy.
Joshua was presented with award at the club’s junior club night, by Dave Wing, sponsor of the award on July 23.
Attending the presentation were Joshua’s parents, club committee members, club members and Joshua’s junior club night friends.
The latter included past winners of the award: Liam Garcia, Oliver Appleby and Lucy Thompson, all aged 11, who recently competed in the Road To Wimbledon Under 14 County Finals in Cambridge having won through from the Venue Stage held in Wisbech.
You may also want to watch:
Each year all juniors from age five upwards taking part in the club’s junior coaching programme from March to July are eligible for the award.
The winner is selected as the junior, recommended by the coach, who “has consistently demonstrated the enthusiasm, dedication ability and qualities required to develop as a tennis player and the potential to gain a lifelong benefit from participating in and contributing to the sport of tennis”.
- 1 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 2 Three stores evacuated after suspect 'bomb scare'
- 3 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 4 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 5 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 6 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 7 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 8 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
- 9 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 10 Body found in Wisbech road
Coaching programmes for junior’s and adults are held at the club each year from March to October with the next programme commencing September 9.
For further details contact Shona Kent 01354 655363 or visit the club’s website: www.chatteristennis.com