Joshua wins Chatteris top junior tennis award
- Credit: Archant
Talented Joshua Rhone was crowned Chatteris Tennis Club’s top junior and presented with The Julie Wing Junior Coaching Award 2018.
In recognition of his achievement Joshua not only received a Certificate of Merit but also four one hour individual coaching lessons with the club’s coach Lisa Kennedy of the LK Tennis Academy.
Joshua was presented with award at the club’s junior club night, by Dave Wing, sponsor of the award on July 23.
Attending the presentation were Joshua’s parents, club committee members, club members and Joshua’s junior club night friends.
The latter included past winners of the award: Liam Garcia, Oliver Appleby and Lucy Thompson, all aged 11, who recently competed in the Road To Wimbledon Under 14 County Finals in Cambridge having won through from the Venue Stage held in Wisbech.
You may also want to watch:
Each year all juniors from age five upwards taking part in the club’s junior coaching programme from March to July are eligible for the award.
The winner is selected as the junior, recommended by the coach, who “has consistently demonstrated the enthusiasm, dedication ability and qualities required to develop as a tennis player and the potential to gain a lifelong benefit from participating in and contributing to the sport of tennis”.
- 1 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Green light for off-licence despite objections
- 4 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 5 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 6 All staff and residents at Chatteris care home now vaccinated against Covid
- 7 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 8 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 9 MP wants an end to floods misery in the Fens
- 10 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
Coaching programmes for junior’s and adults are held at the club each year from March to October with the next programme commencing September 9.
For further details contact Shona Kent 01354 655363 or visit the club’s website: www.chatteristennis.com