Bacon’s brace helps Wisbech Town power into semi-finals with 3-1 win
- Credit: Archant
WISBECH Town came from behind to book their place in the semi-finals of the Red Insure Cup with a 3-1 victory over Kirkley & Pakefield last night.
Fenmen boss Steve Appleby handed newly-signed midfielder Danny White a debut in the league cup clash, but his side went behind early on in Suffolk.
Wisbech levelled mid-way through the first half as Chris Bacon continued his impressive recent form by converting a spot-kick.
Bacon bagged his second after the break, as the powerful striker’s bullet header edged Wisbech in front.
The win was sealed in stoppage time when youngster Lewis Clayton celebrated an appearance off the bench by grabbing the Fenmen’s third.
You may also want to watch:
Wisbech will host Thurlow Nunn First Division high-flyers Cambridge University Press in the semi-finals on March 26.
Appleby’s side travel to relegation battlers Wivenhoe Town on Saturday.
- 1 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 2 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 3 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 4 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 5 Town buzzing with buses - for one day only
- 6 Suspected arsonist charged after health centre fire
- 7 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 8 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 9 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 10 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life