Bacon’s brace helps Wisbech Town power into semi-finals with 3-1 win
- Credit: Archant
WISBECH Town came from behind to book their place in the semi-finals of the Red Insure Cup with a 3-1 victory over Kirkley & Pakefield last night.
Fenmen boss Steve Appleby handed newly-signed midfielder Danny White a debut in the league cup clash, but his side went behind early on in Suffolk.
Wisbech levelled mid-way through the first half as Chris Bacon continued his impressive recent form by converting a spot-kick.
Bacon bagged his second after the break, as the powerful striker’s bullet header edged Wisbech in front.
The win was sealed in stoppage time when youngster Lewis Clayton celebrated an appearance off the bench by grabbing the Fenmen’s third.
You may also want to watch:
Wisbech will host Thurlow Nunn First Division high-flyers Cambridge University Press in the semi-finals on March 26.
Appleby’s side travel to relegation battlers Wivenhoe Town on Saturday.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million