Bacon’s brace helps Wisbech Town power into semi-finals with 3-1 win
- Credit: Archant
WISBECH Town came from behind to book their place in the semi-finals of the Red Insure Cup with a 3-1 victory over Kirkley & Pakefield last night.
Fenmen boss Steve Appleby handed newly-signed midfielder Danny White a debut in the league cup clash, but his side went behind early on in Suffolk.
Wisbech levelled mid-way through the first half as Chris Bacon continued his impressive recent form by converting a spot-kick.
Bacon bagged his second after the break, as the powerful striker’s bullet header edged Wisbech in front.
The win was sealed in stoppage time when youngster Lewis Clayton celebrated an appearance off the bench by grabbing the Fenmen’s third.
You may also want to watch:
Wisbech will host Thurlow Nunn First Division high-flyers Cambridge University Press in the semi-finals on March 26.
Appleby’s side travel to relegation battlers Wivenhoe Town on Saturday.
- 1 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 2 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 3 Photographer captures the ‘sonic boom’ RAF Typhoon on camera
- 4 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 5 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart
- 6 Gin could be just the tonic needed for dilapidated farm buildings
- 7 Pedestrian dies at scene of crash
- 8 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 9 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 10 Dad of two killed on Fen road