Bad break for Louise
MARCH heptathlete Louise Hazel may have missed out on a chance of competing in this year s European under-23 Championships after illness forced her to pull out of competition in Prague. Hazel, 21, was hoping to reach 5,750 points – the qualifying mark for
MARCH heptathlete Louise Hazel may have missed out on a chance of competing in this year's European under-23 Championships after illness forced her to pull out of competition in Prague.
Hazel, 21, was hoping to reach 5,750 points - the qualifying mark for the championships - when she competed in the Czech Republic on Tuesday and Wednesday.
But she retired from the competition after illness had ruined her first event, the hurdles.
Suffering from the shakes and dizziness, Hazel ran an under-par race and pulled out of the event.
The heptathlon star will have to wait for the decision of the selectors, who are due to meet over the coming days.
They will pick the squad for the championships to be held in Hungary next month and decide whether Hazel's score of 5,694, set in France two weeks ago, is good enough for selection.
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 Live music, over 100 stalls and fair rides as Christmas market returns
- 3 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 4 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 5 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 6 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 7 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 8 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 9 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 10 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild