Bad break for Louise
MARCH heptathlete Louise Hazel may have missed out on a chance of competing in this year s European under-23 Championships after illness forced her to pull out of competition in Prague. Hazel, 21, was hoping to reach 5,750 points – the qualifying mark for
MARCH heptathlete Louise Hazel may have missed out on a chance of competing in this year's European under-23 Championships after illness forced her to pull out of competition in Prague.
Hazel, 21, was hoping to reach 5,750 points - the qualifying mark for the championships - when she competed in the Czech Republic on Tuesday and Wednesday.
But she retired from the competition after illness had ruined her first event, the hurdles.
Suffering from the shakes and dizziness, Hazel ran an under-par race and pulled out of the event.
You may also want to watch:
The heptathlon star will have to wait for the decision of the selectors, who are due to meet over the coming days.
They will pick the squad for the championships to be held in Hungary next month and decide whether Hazel's score of 5,694, set in France two weeks ago, is good enough for selection.
- 1 New offering can help 'encourage more participation in angling'
- 2 Businesses across the Fens reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 3 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 4 ‘The Duke of Edinburgh’s security team wouldn’t let him ride our tandem...’
- 5 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 6 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 7 March Town mark long-awaited return with victory in double-header
- 8 More anti-Semitic graffiti appears in Ely
- 9 Council road sweeper vehicle involved in collision with car
- 10 Retrospective bid for travellers' site