Bad break for Louise
MARCH heptathlete Louise Hazel may have missed out on a chance of competing in this year s European under-23 Championships after illness forced her to pull out of competition in Prague. Hazel, 21, was hoping to reach 5,750 points – the qualifying mark for
MARCH heptathlete Louise Hazel may have missed out on a chance of competing in this year's European under-23 Championships after illness forced her to pull out of competition in Prague.
Hazel, 21, was hoping to reach 5,750 points - the qualifying mark for the championships - when she competed in the Czech Republic on Tuesday and Wednesday.
But she retired from the competition after illness had ruined her first event, the hurdles.
Suffering from the shakes and dizziness, Hazel ran an under-par race and pulled out of the event.
You may also want to watch:
The heptathlon star will have to wait for the decision of the selectors, who are due to meet over the coming days.
They will pick the squad for the championships to be held in Hungary next month and decide whether Hazel's score of 5,694, set in France two weeks ago, is good enough for selection.
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 3 Stunning drone footage shows prom night in all its glory
- 4 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 5 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologises after 90mph police pursuit
- 6 Yard sale raises over £1,400 from second annual event
- 7 Theatre group stalwart steps down after nine years
- 8 Health chief’s stark warning: ‘The virus doesn’t care we changed the rules’
- 9 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 10 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators