Bartlett encouraged by March Town United’s Peterborough Northern Star outing
- Credit: Archant
March Town United manager Chris Bartlett says he learnt a lot in his side’s 8-1 friendly loss to Peterborough Northern Star.
Ash Brand was on target as the Hares, in their first pre-season game, put up a spirited showing against higher level opposition before running out of steam in the last 20 minutes.
There were debuts for Juliano Menezes, Tom Flatters and Lewis McManus, while Bartlett also took the chance to blood a host of youngsters,
He said: “I learnt a lot about individuals, where we are at and how far away we are from getting a competitive team.
“We competed well for 50 minutes but then made a few changes, some enforced, and ran out of steam, conceding four goals in the last 20 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
“There were some big positives and not too many negatives. The younger players equipped themselves really well.”
Bartlett hopes to have a few more players available for their next two pre-season games - at home to Oakham United on Saturday at 3pm and at Moulton Harrox on Tuesday.
- 1 Connor tops poll as Tories retained Fenland dominance on county council
- 2 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 3 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 4 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 5 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 6 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 7 Election 2021: Tories win Whittlesey by-elections
- 8 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 9 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 10 Wimblington murder probe: first photo of victim
The club is holding a clean up and weeding event at Robingoodfellows Lane on Saturday from 8-11am. Manager Chris Bartlett and a few of the players will be there. Any help would be appreciated.