Bartlett encouraged by March Town United’s Peterborough Northern Star outing
- Credit: Archant
March Town United manager Chris Bartlett says he learnt a lot in his side’s 8-1 friendly loss to Peterborough Northern Star.
Ash Brand was on target as the Hares, in their first pre-season game, put up a spirited showing against higher level opposition before running out of steam in the last 20 minutes.
There were debuts for Juliano Menezes, Tom Flatters and Lewis McManus, while Bartlett also took the chance to blood a host of youngsters,
He said: “I learnt a lot about individuals, where we are at and how far away we are from getting a competitive team.
“We competed well for 50 minutes but then made a few changes, some enforced, and ran out of steam, conceding four goals in the last 20 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
“There were some big positives and not too many negatives. The younger players equipped themselves really well.”
Bartlett hopes to have a few more players available for their next two pre-season games - at home to Oakham United on Saturday at 3pm and at Moulton Harrox on Tuesday.
- 1 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 2 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 3 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 4 Suspected arsonist charged after health centre fire
- 5 Town buzzing with buses - for one day only
- 6 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 7 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 8 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 9 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 10 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
The club is holding a clean up and weeding event at Robingoodfellows Lane on Saturday from 8-11am. Manager Chris Bartlett and a few of the players will be there. Any help would be appreciated.