Bartlett encouraged by March Town United’s Peterborough Northern Star outing
- Credit: Archant
March Town United manager Chris Bartlett says he learnt a lot in his side’s 8-1 friendly loss to Peterborough Northern Star.
Ash Brand was on target as the Hares, in their first pre-season game, put up a spirited showing against higher level opposition before running out of steam in the last 20 minutes.
There were debuts for Juliano Menezes, Tom Flatters and Lewis McManus, while Bartlett also took the chance to blood a host of youngsters,
He said: “I learnt a lot about individuals, where we are at and how far away we are from getting a competitive team.
“We competed well for 50 minutes but then made a few changes, some enforced, and ran out of steam, conceding four goals in the last 20 minutes.
“There were some big positives and not too many negatives. The younger players equipped themselves really well.”
Bartlett hopes to have a few more players available for their next two pre-season games - at home to Oakham United on Saturday at 3pm and at Moulton Harrox on Tuesday.
- 1 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 2 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 3 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 4 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 5 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 6 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 7 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 8 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 9 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 10 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
The club is holding a clean up and weeding event at Robingoodfellows Lane on Saturday from 8-11am. Manager Chris Bartlett and a few of the players will be there. Any help would be appreciated.