Bartlett encouraged by March Town United’s Peterborough Northern Star outing
- Credit: Archant
March Town United manager Chris Bartlett says he learnt a lot in his side’s 8-1 friendly loss to Peterborough Northern Star.
Ash Brand was on target as the Hares, in their first pre-season game, put up a spirited showing against higher level opposition before running out of steam in the last 20 minutes.
There were debuts for Juliano Menezes, Tom Flatters and Lewis McManus, while Bartlett also took the chance to blood a host of youngsters,
He said: “I learnt a lot about individuals, where we are at and how far away we are from getting a competitive team.
“We competed well for 50 minutes but then made a few changes, some enforced, and ran out of steam, conceding four goals in the last 20 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
“There were some big positives and not too many negatives. The younger players equipped themselves really well.”
Bartlett hopes to have a few more players available for their next two pre-season games - at home to Oakham United on Saturday at 3pm and at Moulton Harrox on Tuesday.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 4 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 5 MP wants an end to floods misery in the Fens
- 6 All staff and residents at Chatteris care home now vaccinated against Covid
- 7 Dad has 'much more energy to run around' with son after losing four stone
- 8 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 9 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 10 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
The club is holding a clean up and weeding event at Robingoodfellows Lane on Saturday from 8-11am. Manager Chris Bartlett and a few of the players will be there. Any help would be appreciated.