Bartlett says March Town United need to change mentality after they throw away lead to lose at Swaffham
- Credit: Archant
March Town United manager Chris Bartlett says his side needs to learn not to switch off after they let slip a lead to lose at Swaffham Town on Saturday.
Denny Escorcio gave the Hares the lead on 54 minutes but they were undone by a couple of sloppy goals.
Bartlett said: “We competed really well for the most part but I’m afraid our mentality is not right. We scored then we switched off. Our communication and concentration was not good enough.
“You could argue that on the balance of play we deserved a point but we didn’t defend properly.”
March will look to bounce back when they host high flying Saffron Walden Town on Saturday.
The Hares will be looking to do the double over the visitors, having won 1-0 in August.
Bartlett said: “Saffron are the best team we’ve played this season. We were fortunate to win. We’ll need to play a lot better than we did in that game.
- 1 Man, 28, and boy, 15, arrested after major A1101 crash in Wisbech
- 2 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 3 A1 Northbound shut due to overturned lorry near Peterborough
- 4 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 5 Recap: Main road through Wisbech town centre shut after serious crash
- 6 Knife-wielding teen jailed after week-long crime spree in Wisbech
- 7 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 8 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 9 Fenland Farmers Tractor Run 2022 to raise money for MAGPAS
- 10 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
“Luke Pepper is out but Sean White scored a hat-trick for the reserves and Ash Brand and Jordan Fiddes are also in contention.
“We have some tough decisions in terms of personnel. You can’t change four or five players because it would be too disruptive, but there will be changes.”