Bartlett says March Town United need to change mentality after they throw away lead to lose at Swaffham
- Credit: Archant
March Town United manager Chris Bartlett says his side needs to learn not to switch off after they let slip a lead to lose at Swaffham Town on Saturday.
Denny Escorcio gave the Hares the lead on 54 minutes but they were undone by a couple of sloppy goals.
Bartlett said: “We competed really well for the most part but I’m afraid our mentality is not right. We scored then we switched off. Our communication and concentration was not good enough.
“You could argue that on the balance of play we deserved a point but we didn’t defend properly.”
March will look to bounce back when they host high flying Saffron Walden Town on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
The Hares will be looking to do the double over the visitors, having won 1-0 in August.
Bartlett said: “Saffron are the best team we’ve played this season. We were fortunate to win. We’ll need to play a lot better than we did in that game.
- 1 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 2 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 3 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 4 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 5 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 6 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 7 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 8 Crossing company praised for using local workers and suppliers
- 9 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle
- 10 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
“Luke Pepper is out but Sean White scored a hat-trick for the reserves and Ash Brand and Jordan Fiddes are also in contention.
“We have some tough decisions in terms of personnel. You can’t change four or five players because it would be too disruptive, but there will be changes.”