Baxter takes down junior ABA champion at Chatteris ABC show with strong performances from other home boxers
- Credit: Archant
Four home boxers were in action against top fighters from across the country at Chatteris ABC’s show on Saturday.
First up was 12 year old Ryan Williams against Danny McDonah from Hook ABC, London.
McDonah won the first round with good pressured attacks against the Chatteris youngster.
Williams fought back in the second round, which was an even affair.
Williams won the last round but it was too little too late as McDonah won a unanimous decision.
You may also want to watch:
Ryan Ducker boxed this years School Boy Champion Freddy McDonah from Hook ABC, London.
Ducker put in a gallant effort against the national champion but was pipped to the post on a unanimous decision after three hard fought rounds.
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 3 Stunning drone footage shows prom night in all its glory
- 4 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 5 Yard sale raises over £1,400 from second annual event
- 6 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 7 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologises after 90mph police pursuit
- 8 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 9 Rural theft cost Cambridgeshire £2 million in 2020
- 10 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
Dean Baxter was up against the reigning Junior ABA Champion, Aaron Smith from Capitol ABC.
With heavy exchanges in the first round the ABC champion began to tire - Baxter sensed this and caught Smith with a tremendous left hook which staggered the champion back on his heels.
In the second round Smith received an eight count but he fought back to give Baxter a bloody nose.
In the third round Baxter came on stronger catching Smith with a hard left hook, which brought another eight count for the Capitol boxer.
To the delight of the crowd, Baxter won a unanimous decision.
Last up for Chatteris was 23 year old Jordan Tilsley who boxed S Formin from Wisbech ABC in an entertaining senior bout. The Chatteris boxer won with a unanimous decision.
Coach Dean Baxter said: ”I was very pleased with the performances and would like to thank everybody who attended, “Without the community support it would not have been possible.
“Also thanks to Matty Payne for the hours match making and organisation put in running up to the show.”