Bears go with the wind
March Bears first team got the New Year off to a good start with Saturday s 10-6 home victory over Stamford College Old Boys. The Bears were forced to produce a gutsy defensive performance in the first half as the visitors enjoyed a significant possessio
March Bears' first team got the New Year off to a good start with Saturday's 10-6 home victory over Stamford College Old Boys.
The Bears were forced to produce a gutsy defensive performance in the first half as the visitors enjoyed a significant possession and territorial advantage.
Despite their dominance, Stamford were restricted to two penalties, which gave them a 6-0 half-time lead.
The home team took advantage of the wind at their backs in the second half and the Bears' pack began to run the game.
You may also want to watch:
March scored the only try of the game when David Crooke finished off a fine move along the backs and Matt Day kicked the conversion.
Day was on target again to slot over a 35-yard penalty 10 minutes from time and the Bears held on for the victory.
- 1 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 2 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 3 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 4 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 5 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 6 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 7 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 8 Alleged paedophile released on bail
- 9 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 10 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'