Bears roar into action
Greene King Merit League March Bears I 45pts Cheshunt II 7pts MARCH kicked-off their league campaign with a resounding win over Cheshunt. The young Bears side was led by Matt Day, the club s youngest ever captain, and the home side had to repel waves of a
Greene King Merit League
March Bears I 45pts
Cheshunt II 7pts
MARCH kicked-off their league campaign with a resounding win over Cheshunt.
You may also want to watch:
The young Bears side was led by Matt Day, the club's youngest ever captain, and the home side had to repel waves of attacks during the early stages.
However, March hit back and Jason Rainbow sliced through the visitors' defence to score the opening try, converted by Liam Siddens.
- 1 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 2 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 3 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 4 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 5 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 6 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 7 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 8 Alleged paedophile released on bail
- 9 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 10 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
Cheshunt came under mounting pressure and Jamie Kerse touched down for Siddens to convert once again.
Kerse set up Bobby Perry-Ellis who scored another converted try but Cheshunt reduced the arrears with their only try of the game.
Another try from Rainbow gave Bears a good 26-7 lead at the break and the home side continued to dominate in the second half.
The Bears broke up a Cheshunt attack and Alex Jeynes returned the ball 65 yards to touch down. Siddens' trusty boot scored the conversion.
Man of the match Ben Saxby powered over the line for another converted try and Mark Arnolds went over for the Bears' seventh try of the match.
March Bears travel to Cantabs II tomorrow (Saturday). Training is held from 7pm on Thursday evenings at the Braza sports field. All are welcome to attend.