Bears roar into action
Greene King Merit League March Bears I 45pts Cheshunt II 7pts MARCH kicked-off their league campaign with a resounding win over Cheshunt. The young Bears side was led by Matt Day, the club s youngest ever captain, and the home side had to repel waves of a
Greene King Merit League
March Bears I 45pts
Cheshunt II 7pts
MARCH kicked-off their league campaign with a resounding win over Cheshunt.
You may also want to watch:
The young Bears side was led by Matt Day, the club's youngest ever captain, and the home side had to repel waves of attacks during the early stages.
However, March hit back and Jason Rainbow sliced through the visitors' defence to score the opening try, converted by Liam Siddens.
- 1 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 2 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 3 In 2,300 words rainbow alliance set out manifesto for change at Cambridgeshire County Council
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 6 Carpenter 'honoured' by thank-you gifts to mark 25 years' service
- 7 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 8 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 9 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 10 Here’s what the post-lockdown pub experience will look like
Cheshunt came under mounting pressure and Jamie Kerse touched down for Siddens to convert once again.
Kerse set up Bobby Perry-Ellis who scored another converted try but Cheshunt reduced the arrears with their only try of the game.
Another try from Rainbow gave Bears a good 26-7 lead at the break and the home side continued to dominate in the second half.
The Bears broke up a Cheshunt attack and Alex Jeynes returned the ball 65 yards to touch down. Siddens' trusty boot scored the conversion.
Man of the match Ben Saxby powered over the line for another converted try and Mark Arnolds went over for the Bears' seventh try of the match.
March Bears travel to Cantabs II tomorrow (Saturday). Training is held from 7pm on Thursday evenings at the Braza sports field. All are welcome to attend.