Beaumont on target
Guyhirn s Dave Beaumont won the Fenland 100 target shooting Sporting Trophy at Fenland Gun Club on Sunday. In very testing conditions, Dave scored 75 to beat Whittlesey s Dave Shipman, who scored 72. Alan Cox, of March, won the 50-target sporting competit
Guyhirn's Dave Beaumont won the Fenland 100 target shooting Sporting Trophy at Fenland Gun Club on Sunday.
In very testing conditions, Dave scored 75 to beat Whittlesey's Dave Shipman, who scored 72.
Alan Cox, of March, won the 50-target sporting competition with a score of 38 ahead of fellow March marksman Steve Bennett, on 34.
Gordon Plitsch, also of March, won the skeet with 22 ex 25 while Gerry Betts, of Wisbech, and Chris Bunn, of March, tied for the runners-up spot with 21 ex 25.
You may also want to watch:
And Mark Bridgement made it a good weekend for March when he won the down the line competition with a score of 24/69 ex 25/75. Doddington's Tom Wenman finished as runner-up with 22/60 ex 25/75.
The next shoot at Washbrooke Farm, Doddington, will be from 10.30am on Sunday, September 17.
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Car blaze was arson say fire chiefs
- 3 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 4 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 5 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 6 Zero hygiene rating for East Cambs take-away
- 7 Ledger discovery affords a glimpse of Victorian travel
- 8 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 9 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 10 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor