Beaumont on target
Guyhirn s Dave Beaumont won the Fenland 100 target shooting Sporting Trophy at Fenland Gun Club on Sunday. In very testing conditions, Dave scored 75 to beat Whittlesey s Dave Shipman, who scored 72. Alan Cox, of March, won the 50-target sporting competit
Guyhirn's Dave Beaumont won the Fenland 100 target shooting Sporting Trophy at Fenland Gun Club on Sunday.
In very testing conditions, Dave scored 75 to beat Whittlesey's Dave Shipman, who scored 72.
Alan Cox, of March, won the 50-target sporting competition with a score of 38 ahead of fellow March marksman Steve Bennett, on 34.
Gordon Plitsch, also of March, won the skeet with 22 ex 25 while Gerry Betts, of Wisbech, and Chris Bunn, of March, tied for the runners-up spot with 21 ex 25.
You may also want to watch:
And Mark Bridgement made it a good weekend for March when he won the down the line competition with a score of 24/69 ex 25/75. Doddington's Tom Wenman finished as runner-up with 22/60 ex 25/75.
The next shoot at Washbrooke Farm, Doddington, will be from 10.30am on Sunday, September 17.
- 1 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 2 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 3 Residents escape kitchen fire after bank holiday blaze
- 4 Retrospective bid for travellers' site
- 5 Council road sweeper vehicle involved in collision with car
- 6 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 7 12 exciting new businesses to discover when lockdown restrictions ease
- 8 Former homeless recreate ‘Lunch atop a Skyscraper’ photograph
- 9 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
- 10 Alligator-owning farmer stars in new Ross Kemp ITV documentary