BOXING: Fenland boxing prospect Bernardo Marime expecting ‘fireworks’ ahead of professional debut in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
One of Fenland’s latest boxing prospects Bernardo Marime expects “a lot of fireworks” as he prepares for his professional debut in Norwich next month.
Marime will compete in a seven-bout event at The Halls on Friday, November 15, alongside Wisbech super-welterweight Joe Steed, who has recently recovered from injury.
But although his opponent has not been named yet, the former March Boxing Club star aims to make an early impact.
"I'm really excited, I am training hard and enjoy what I am doing," Marime said.
"I want to prove myself and to those who doubted me as well.
You may also want to watch:
"I expect it to be a crazy night, there will be a lot of fireworks, big shocks and hopefully I can end the fight as quickly as possible."
Marime signed his first professional contract in July, and is now under the tutelage of Steed's coach Graham Everett and former European champion Jon Thaxton,
- 1 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 6 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 7 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 8 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 9 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 10 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
Tickets can be bought directly from Bernardo on 07493304808 or in person.