BOXING: Fenland boxing prospect Bernardo Marime expecting ‘fireworks’ ahead of professional debut in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
One of Fenland’s latest boxing prospects Bernardo Marime expects “a lot of fireworks” as he prepares for his professional debut in Norwich next month.
Marime will compete in a seven-bout event at The Halls on Friday, November 15, alongside Wisbech super-welterweight Joe Steed, who has recently recovered from injury.
But although his opponent has not been named yet, the former March Boxing Club star aims to make an early impact.
"I'm really excited, I am training hard and enjoy what I am doing," Marime said.
"I want to prove myself and to those who doubted me as well.
You may also want to watch:
"I expect it to be a crazy night, there will be a lot of fireworks, big shocks and hopefully I can end the fight as quickly as possible."
Marime signed his first professional contract in July, and is now under the tutelage of Steed's coach Graham Everett and former European champion Jon Thaxton,
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 3 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 4 Diamond celebrations for former mayor and council chairman
- 5 Body found in Wisbech road
- 6 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 7 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 8 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 9 Dogs to join hounds across the world in global walk
- 10 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
Tickets can be bought directly from Bernardo on 07493304808 or in person.