BOXING: Fenland boxing prospect Bernardo Marime expecting ‘fireworks’ ahead of professional debut in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
One of Fenland’s latest boxing prospects Bernardo Marime expects “a lot of fireworks” as he prepares for his professional debut in Norwich next month.
Marime will compete in a seven-bout event at The Halls on Friday, November 15, alongside Wisbech super-welterweight Joe Steed, who has recently recovered from injury.
But although his opponent has not been named yet, the former March Boxing Club star aims to make an early impact.
"I'm really excited, I am training hard and enjoy what I am doing," Marime said.
"I want to prove myself and to those who doubted me as well.
"I expect it to be a crazy night, there will be a lot of fireworks, big shocks and hopefully I can end the fight as quickly as possible."
Marime signed his first professional contract in July, and is now under the tutelage of Steed's coach Graham Everett and former European champion Jon Thaxton,
- 1 £4,000 raised for Natalie to live her dreams after cancer diagnosis
- 2 New dessert shop bids to become 'best in the area'
- 3 Seven places where £4.9m road maintenance has been approved
- 4 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 5 Family's tribute to 'son in a million' killed in motorbike crash
- 6 Covid-19 'virtual ward' will help patients recover at home
- 7 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 8 Two escape unhurt after car plunges into river
- 9 56-bed care home backers revise access proposals
- 10 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
Tickets can be bought directly from Bernardo on 07493304808 or in person.