Blow for March Town United as work commitments throw Harrold loan deal into doubt
STRIKER Liam Harrold’s loan move to March Town United has been thrown into doubt.
Hares boss Brett Whaley thought he had secured a week-to-week loan deal for the King’s Lynn Town player this week.
But the 30-year-old’s increased work commitments look to have put any move to the GER on hold, with Whaley admitting he was “doubtful” for Saturday’s trip to Team Bury.
The March boss said: “Liam is a proven goalscorer and they don’t come along very often so we are disappointed.
“It’s not a case of him not wanting to come to March because I had spoken to him and he was keen - but at our level of football work comes first.”
You may also want to watch:
The Hares slipped to fifth in the Ridgeons First Division after a 2-1 loss to Debenham LC on Saturday. Luke Pepper’s penalty failed to prevent their third consecutive league defeat.
Whaley said: “We never like losing but I think sometimes you have to take the result away and look at the performance. We played some decent football but we were wasteful in the final third.
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 3 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 6 Carpenter 'honoured' by thank-you gifts to mark 25 years' service
- 7 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 8 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 9 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
“We have played a lot worse and won games this season.”
Teenage loan trio Curtis Fulcher, Mattie Waters and Casey Logan, brought in from Histon last week, could all be in the squad for Saturday’s clash. Dan Jenkins and Marc Welcher may also return.
Whaley said: “They (Team Bury) are towards the bottom of the league but they will test us because they will come with no fear. It will be a real test of our character and our confidence.”