Boss Weston admits Escorcio’s March Town United future is in the balance
DEFIANT Hares boss Jamie Weston has admitted only Denny Escorcio can rescue his future at March Town United.
Weston last week vowed that the 20-year-old will not play for March again this season after he failed to turn up for his side’s 1-0 win at Whitton United.
“I’ve given him more opportunities than other managers would,” said Weston.
“But he’s let me, himself, his team-mates and the club down again. It wasn’t the first time he’s missed a game without giving a reason so Whitton was the last straw.
“I like Denny, he’s a good lad and a terrific footballer, but there’s only so much you can allow someone to get away with.
You may also want to watch:
“He’s wasting his talent and it’s such a shame. If he doesn’t sort himself out he’ll end up playing park football.”
Weston also said: “We haven’t spoken since but the ball’s in his court now.
- 1 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 2 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 3 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 4 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 5 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 6 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 7 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 8 Crossing company praised for using local workers and suppliers
- 9 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 10 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle
“I expect him to have the courtesy to call me at some point but until then as far as I’m concerned he will not play for March while I remain in charge.
“The door for next season remains slightly ajar but only if Denny can take responsibility for his actions.”