Boss Weston admits Escorcio’s March Town United future is in the balance
DEFIANT Hares boss Jamie Weston has admitted only Denny Escorcio can rescue his future at March Town United.
Weston last week vowed that the 20-year-old will not play for March again this season after he failed to turn up for his side’s 1-0 win at Whitton United.
“I’ve given him more opportunities than other managers would,” said Weston.
“But he’s let me, himself, his team-mates and the club down again. It wasn’t the first time he’s missed a game without giving a reason so Whitton was the last straw.
“I like Denny, he’s a good lad and a terrific footballer, but there’s only so much you can allow someone to get away with.
“He’s wasting his talent and it’s such a shame. If he doesn’t sort himself out he’ll end up playing park football.”
Weston also said: “We haven’t spoken since but the ball’s in his court now.
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 3 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 4 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman
- 5 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 6 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 7 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 8 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 9 Isabella, 10, impresses to win top prize ahead of Whittlesey Extravaganza
- 10 Woman in court over town pub burglary
“I expect him to have the courtesy to call me at some point but until then as far as I’m concerned he will not play for March while I remain in charge.
“The door for next season remains slightly ajar but only if Denny can take responsibility for his actions.”