Bowlers so close to glory in national competition
MARCH Conservative Bowls Club ladies team have finished as runners-up in the prestigious TLH National Top Club competition. The March team, pictured, produced a remarkable performance to reach the final of the annual competition that was contested by no
MARCH Conservative Bowls Club ladies' team have finished as runners-up in the prestigious TLH National Top Club competition.
The March team, pictured, produced a remarkable performance to reach the final of the annual competition that was contested by no fewer than 897 clubs.
The 11-strong team made it to the national finals in Torquay and reached the final after victories over Middlesex and Nottinghamshire in the quarter and semi-finals respectively.
March eventually lost out to tournament winners Buckinghamshire.
You may also want to watch:
Players - singles: Sara Matthews; pairs: Cheryl Salisbury; triples: Jean Liversedge, Viccie Horry, Pauline Ayres; fours: Evelyn Barrett, Carol Hollingsworth, Elizabeth McRae, Pam Mead; reserve: Olive Fisher.
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 3 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 4 Theatre group stalwart steps down after nine years
- 5 Yard sale raises over £1,400 from second annual event
- 6 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologises after 90mph police pursuit
- 7 Health chief’s stark warning: ‘The virus doesn’t care we changed the rules’
- 8 Medieval pottery unearthed at Cambs campsite
- 9 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 10 Residents make most of lockdown easing as Christmas comes early