Bowlers so close to glory in national competition
MARCH Conservative Bowls Club ladies team have finished as runners-up in the prestigious TLH National Top Club competition. The March team, pictured, produced a remarkable performance to reach the final of the annual competition that was contested by no
MARCH Conservative Bowls Club ladies' team have finished as runners-up in the prestigious TLH National Top Club competition.
The March team, pictured, produced a remarkable performance to reach the final of the annual competition that was contested by no fewer than 897 clubs.
The 11-strong team made it to the national finals in Torquay and reached the final after victories over Middlesex and Nottinghamshire in the quarter and semi-finals respectively.
March eventually lost out to tournament winners Buckinghamshire.
Players - singles: Sara Matthews; pairs: Cheryl Salisbury; triples: Jean Liversedge, Viccie Horry, Pauline Ayres; fours: Evelyn Barrett, Carol Hollingsworth, Elizabeth McRae, Pam Mead; reserve: Olive Fisher.
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 3 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 4 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 5 Live music, over 100 stalls and fair rides as Christmas market returns
- 6 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 7 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 8 Wenny Meadow home to rare 'false scorpions', says hidden report
- 9 Motorbike set on fire in arson attack
- 10 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns