BOWLS: CMB defeat March Town to lift Ivan Henson Memorial Trophy
- Credit: Archant
CMB lifted the Ivan Henson Memorial Trophy after seeing off the challenge of local rivals March Town last weekend.
The Wisbech side won 3-2, winning the singles and fours but losing the pairs and triples.
Elsewhere, the first fixture of the Cambridgeshire Short Mat Bowls Association calendar took place last weekend, and saw the association’s ladies take on its men in their annual fixture.
The ladies held a convincing lead at the end of the first two rounds but the men mounted a comeback heading into the final round.
The ladies then won two of the three games, meaning the final score stood at 20-16 to the ladies.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said: “It was a fantastic day with some very competitive play and lots of encouragement and teamwork all round.
“Everyone worked together, helping to make the day run smoothly.”
- 1 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 2 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 3 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 4 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 5 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 6 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 7 Town buzzing with buses - for one day only
- 8 Suspected arsonist charged after health centre fire
- 9 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 10 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life