BOWLS: CMB defeat March Town to lift Ivan Henson Memorial Trophy
- Credit: Archant
CMB lifted the Ivan Henson Memorial Trophy after seeing off the challenge of local rivals March Town last weekend.
The Wisbech side won 3-2, winning the singles and fours but losing the pairs and triples.
Elsewhere, the first fixture of the Cambridgeshire Short Mat Bowls Association calendar took place last weekend, and saw the association’s ladies take on its men in their annual fixture.
The ladies held a convincing lead at the end of the first two rounds but the men mounted a comeback heading into the final round.
The ladies then won two of the three games, meaning the final score stood at 20-16 to the ladies.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said: “It was a fantastic day with some very competitive play and lots of encouragement and teamwork all round.
“Everyone worked together, helping to make the day run smoothly.”
- 1 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 2 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 3 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 4 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 5 Slimmer's life-changing weight loss story
- 6 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 7 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 8 Man attempts to smuggle MDMA tablets disguised as Mars Bar into jail
- 9 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart
- 10 Dad of two killed on Fen road