BOWLS: CMB defeat March Town to lift Ivan Henson Memorial Trophy
- Credit: Archant
CMB lifted the Ivan Henson Memorial Trophy after seeing off the challenge of local rivals March Town last weekend.
The Wisbech side won 3-2, winning the singles and fours but losing the pairs and triples.
Elsewhere, the first fixture of the Cambridgeshire Short Mat Bowls Association calendar took place last weekend, and saw the association’s ladies take on its men in their annual fixture.
The ladies held a convincing lead at the end of the first two rounds but the men mounted a comeback heading into the final round.
The ladies then won two of the three games, meaning the final score stood at 20-16 to the ladies.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said: “It was a fantastic day with some very competitive play and lots of encouragement and teamwork all round.
“Everyone worked together, helping to make the day run smoothly.”
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million