BOWLS: Defeat for North Cambs in Derbyshire Trophy opener
- Credit: Archant
North Cambs suffered a losing start to their Derbyshire Trophy challenge last Sunday.
The local bowlers were beaten 128-69 by Northants B in the curtain-raiser at the Hudson Indoor Bowls Club in Wisbech.
North Cambs were victorious on one of the four rinks. The trio of Matt Hewitt, Andy Hail and Neil Parnell triumphed 28-17.
Andy McEwan, Eric Moore and Mel Joyce went down 34-19, county secretary Paul Bennett, Andrew Overton and Jon Ivatt were beaten 31-13, while the rink of Eric Clarke, David Peach and Phil Cross were on the receiving end of a 46-9 loss.
North Cambs are back in action this Sunday when taking on Hunts at Huntingdon IBC.
You may also want to watch:
Other fixtures: January 21 – away to Northants A (Stamford IBC); January 28 – home to Lincs (Hudson IBC); February 4 – home to Norfolk (Hudson IBC).
- 1 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 2 All roads reopened after gas leaks cause day of disruption
- 3 30 firefighters tackle A14 lorry blaze
- 4 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 5 Hauliers on how they are tackling the HGV driver shortage crisis
- 6 Police disrupt drug dealer's 'oven ready' cannabis stash
- 7 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 8 Family farmers win court case against oat milk giants
- 9 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 10 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell