BOWLS: Defeat for North Cambs in Derbyshire Trophy opener
- Credit: Archant
North Cambs suffered a losing start to their Derbyshire Trophy challenge last Sunday.
The local bowlers were beaten 128-69 by Northants B in the curtain-raiser at the Hudson Indoor Bowls Club in Wisbech.
North Cambs were victorious on one of the four rinks. The trio of Matt Hewitt, Andy Hail and Neil Parnell triumphed 28-17.
Andy McEwan, Eric Moore and Mel Joyce went down 34-19, county secretary Paul Bennett, Andrew Overton and Jon Ivatt were beaten 31-13, while the rink of Eric Clarke, David Peach and Phil Cross were on the receiving end of a 46-9 loss.
North Cambs are back in action this Sunday when taking on Hunts at Huntingdon IBC.
You may also want to watch:
Other fixtures: January 21 – away to Northants A (Stamford IBC); January 28 – home to Lincs (Hudson IBC); February 4 – home to Norfolk (Hudson IBC).
- 1 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 5 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 6 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 7 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 8 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 9 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 10 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal