BOWLS: Defeat for North Cambs in Derbyshire Trophy opener
- Credit: Archant
North Cambs suffered a losing start to their Derbyshire Trophy challenge last Sunday.
The local bowlers were beaten 128-69 by Northants B in the curtain-raiser at the Hudson Indoor Bowls Club in Wisbech.
North Cambs were victorious on one of the four rinks. The trio of Matt Hewitt, Andy Hail and Neil Parnell triumphed 28-17.
Andy McEwan, Eric Moore and Mel Joyce went down 34-19, county secretary Paul Bennett, Andrew Overton and Jon Ivatt were beaten 31-13, while the rink of Eric Clarke, David Peach and Phil Cross were on the receiving end of a 46-9 loss.
North Cambs are back in action this Sunday when taking on Hunts at Huntingdon IBC.
You may also want to watch:
Other fixtures: January 21 – away to Northants A (Stamford IBC); January 28 – home to Lincs (Hudson IBC); February 4 – home to Norfolk (Hudson IBC).
- 1 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 2 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 3 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 4 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 5 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 6 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 7 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 8 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 9 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 10 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists