BOWLS: Defeat for North Cambs in Derbyshire Trophy opener
- Credit: Archant
North Cambs suffered a losing start to their Derbyshire Trophy challenge last Sunday.
The local bowlers were beaten 128-69 by Northants B in the curtain-raiser at the Hudson Indoor Bowls Club in Wisbech.
North Cambs were victorious on one of the four rinks. The trio of Matt Hewitt, Andy Hail and Neil Parnell triumphed 28-17.
Andy McEwan, Eric Moore and Mel Joyce went down 34-19, county secretary Paul Bennett, Andrew Overton and Jon Ivatt were beaten 31-13, while the rink of Eric Clarke, David Peach and Phil Cross were on the receiving end of a 46-9 loss.
North Cambs are back in action this Sunday when taking on Hunts at Huntingdon IBC.
Other fixtures: January 21 – away to Northants A (Stamford IBC); January 28 – home to Lincs (Hudson IBC); February 4 – home to Norfolk (Hudson IBC).
- 1 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 2 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 3 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 4 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 5 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 6 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 7 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 8 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
- 9 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
- 10 ‘We try to think outside the box’ - Alpacas pay a visit to care home