Jordan Gill to take on Mexican Cesar Juarez
- Credit: Ian Carter
Fenland featherweight Jordan Gill will mark his return to action for the first time in over six months against a former international champion.
Gill will take on Cesar Juarez on the undercard of the rescheduled European welterweight title fight between David Avanesyan and Josh Kelly on Saturday, February 20.
Next weekend will mark a first bout for the Chatteris boxer since August 1 when he beat Reece Bellotti on points at the Matchroom Fight Camp.
Writing on Twitter, Gill said: “When the call comes, be ready. On February 20, I fight former world title challenger Cesar Juarez! Let’s go.”
Gill, who has been defeated once in 26 professional bouts, faces Juarez, 29, who has previously held the WBO Super-Intercontinental Super Bantam belt during his career.
The fight is due to be held at the SSE Arena in Wembley, London.
Last month, all boxing was suspended by the British Boxing Board of Control due to a rise in coronavirus cases across the UK.
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 3 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 4 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 5 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 6 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 7 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 8 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 9 Alleged paedophile released on bail
- 10 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park