Jordan Gill to take on Mexican Cesar Juarez
- Credit: Ian Carter
Fenland featherweight Jordan Gill will mark his return to action for the first time in over six months against a former international champion.
Gill will take on Cesar Juarez on the undercard of the rescheduled European welterweight title fight between David Avanesyan and Josh Kelly on Saturday, February 20.
Next weekend will mark a first bout for the Chatteris boxer since August 1 when he beat Reece Bellotti on points at the Matchroom Fight Camp.
Writing on Twitter, Gill said: “When the call comes, be ready. On February 20, I fight former world title challenger Cesar Juarez! Let’s go.”
Gill, who has been defeated once in 26 professional bouts, faces Juarez, 29, who has previously held the WBO Super-Intercontinental Super Bantam belt during his career.
The fight is due to be held at the SSE Arena in Wembley, London.
Last month, all boxing was suspended by the British Boxing Board of Control due to a rise in coronavirus cases across the UK.
- 1 Police swoop on Chatteris housing estate following machete threat
- 2 Dame Mary Archer defence witness in sexual abuse trial of judge's widow
- 3 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 6 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 7 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 8 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 10 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s