BOXING: Chatteris fighter Jordan Gill given chance to win English title
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris could be set to become the home to an English boxing champion.
Jordan Gill will have the chance to capture his first professional strap after the British Boxing Board of Control (BBBoC) declared the 23-year-old as the mandatory challenger for the English featherweight title earlier this month.
Gill, who claimed his 17th straight win in the paid ranks last month, has been ordered to fight reigning champion Samir Mouneimne for the belt before the end of January 2018.
Mouneimne, who has a record of 17 wins, two defeats and one draw, has held the title since defeating Razaq Najib in July and would be Gill’s toughest test to date.
‘The Thrill’ will warm up for what will be the biggest fight of his career with a six-round challenge at Rollerworld Derby on October 13.
You may also want to watch:
For more information or for tickets, call Jordan on 07415 618502.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 5 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 6 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 7 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 8 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 9 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 10 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal