BOXING: Chatteris fighter Jordan Gill given chance to win English title
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris could be set to become the home to an English boxing champion.
Jordan Gill will have the chance to capture his first professional strap after the British Boxing Board of Control (BBBoC) declared the 23-year-old as the mandatory challenger for the English featherweight title earlier this month.
Gill, who claimed his 17th straight win in the paid ranks last month, has been ordered to fight reigning champion Samir Mouneimne for the belt before the end of January 2018.
Mouneimne, who has a record of 17 wins, two defeats and one draw, has held the title since defeating Razaq Najib in July and would be Gill’s toughest test to date.
‘The Thrill’ will warm up for what will be the biggest fight of his career with a six-round challenge at Rollerworld Derby on October 13.
You may also want to watch:
For more information or for tickets, call Jordan on 07415 618502.
- 1 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 2 All roads reopened after gas leaks cause day of disruption
- 3 Driver escapes injury after A14 lorry fire
- 4 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 5 Hauliers on how they are tackling the HGV driver shortage crisis
- 6 Police disrupt drug dealer's 'oven ready' cannabis stash
- 7 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 8 Family farmers win court case against oat milk giants
- 9 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 10 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell