BOXING: Chatteris fighter Jordan Gill given chance to win English title
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris could be set to become the home to an English boxing champion.
Jordan Gill will have the chance to capture his first professional strap after the British Boxing Board of Control (BBBoC) declared the 23-year-old as the mandatory challenger for the English featherweight title earlier this month.
Gill, who claimed his 17th straight win in the paid ranks last month, has been ordered to fight reigning champion Samir Mouneimne for the belt before the end of January 2018.
Mouneimne, who has a record of 17 wins, two defeats and one draw, has held the title since defeating Razaq Najib in July and would be Gill’s toughest test to date.
‘The Thrill’ will warm up for what will be the biggest fight of his career with a six-round challenge at Rollerworld Derby on October 13.
For more information or for tickets, call Jordan on 07415 618502.
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 Live music, over 100 stalls and fair rides as Christmas market returns
- 3 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 4 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 5 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 6 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 7 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 8 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 9 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 10 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild