BOXING: Chatteris fighter Jordan Gill given chance to win English title
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris could be set to become the home to an English boxing champion.
Jordan Gill will have the chance to capture his first professional strap after the British Boxing Board of Control (BBBoC) declared the 23-year-old as the mandatory challenger for the English featherweight title earlier this month.
Gill, who claimed his 17th straight win in the paid ranks last month, has been ordered to fight reigning champion Samir Mouneimne for the belt before the end of January 2018.
Mouneimne, who has a record of 17 wins, two defeats and one draw, has held the title since defeating Razaq Najib in July and would be Gill’s toughest test to date.
‘The Thrill’ will warm up for what will be the biggest fight of his career with a six-round challenge at Rollerworld Derby on October 13.
You may also want to watch:
For more information or for tickets, call Jordan on 07415 618502.
- 1 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 6 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 7 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 8 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 9 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 10 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit