It’s a knockout! New venue for Whittlesey Boxing Club unveiled in Turves
- Credit: Archant
Whittlesey boxing club pulled no punches in unveiling their new venue in Turves.
Mayor of Whittlesey, councillor Julie Windle, officially opened the site at Beggers Bridge Turves, which is a converted barn.
She said: “There is no doubt that the club are striving to provide the best environment for the development of local boxers.”
In a post online the club said: “Big thank you to the Mayor of Whittlesey and her husband Robert for taking the time to come down and open the boxing club at our new premises Saturday.
“Would also like to thank all the coaches and volunteers for giving up their Saturday to make sure everything went well. Here’s to what hopes to be a very positive future.”
You may also want to watch:
The not for profit club welcomes all ages and backgrounds and full details can be found at by searching Whittlesey Boxing Club on Facebook or by contacting Gary Morris on 07512394975.
- 1 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 3 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 4 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 5 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 6 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 7 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 8 iPads and laptops stolen in school break-in
- 9 Stabbing victim a 'fun loving guy who enjoyed life to the full'
- 10 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory