It’s a knockout! New venue for Whittlesey Boxing Club unveiled in Turves
- Credit: Archant
Whittlesey boxing club pulled no punches in unveiling their new venue in Turves.
Mayor of Whittlesey, councillor Julie Windle, officially opened the site at Beggers Bridge Turves, which is a converted barn.
She said: “There is no doubt that the club are striving to provide the best environment for the development of local boxers.”
In a post online the club said: “Big thank you to the Mayor of Whittlesey and her husband Robert for taking the time to come down and open the boxing club at our new premises Saturday.
“Would also like to thank all the coaches and volunteers for giving up their Saturday to make sure everything went well. Here’s to what hopes to be a very positive future.”
You may also want to watch:
The not for profit club welcomes all ages and backgrounds and full details can be found at by searching Whittlesey Boxing Club on Facebook or by contacting Gary Morris on 07512394975.
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 3 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 4 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 6 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 7 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 8 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 9 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police