BOXING: Jordan Gill keen to get back into the ring after watching stablemate’s success
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris boxing star Jordan Gill is eager to announce his next fight after watching the success of stablemate Leo D’erlanger at the weekend.
Jordan and his father Paul, headed to the Deco theatre, Northampton on Friday night to work the corner of the Ingle-based super-featherweight from Banbury, alongside head coach Dominic Ingle.
D’erlanger boxed his way to a landslide victory against Hayes southpaw, Inderpreet Singh.
Jordan said; “Leo showed his class with a solid performance. It was a great event, and has made me even more excited to announce my next fight.
“All details will be released soon, but I’ll be in a big fight, on a huge show, in early June. It’s my time to show what I can do and I can’t wait.”
You may also want to watch:
The 22-year-old has already racked up 16 straight wins without defeat, and is confident win 17 is just around the corner.
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 6 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 7 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 8 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo