Boxing night is a sell-out success
- Credit: Archant
A March boxing club held a successful sell out night of fight action with four local boys competing in skills and amateur bouts.
Sparta held the home show at the March youth and community centre.
Taking part were local youth boxers Kacper Ciureja, 10, Igor Mihailov, 14, Dylan Greeenacre, 13 and Reece Oldfield, 14.
Kacper, of Cavalry School and Igor, of Neale Wade, successfully competed in their fourth skills bouts which went well for both young athletes.
Dylan, of Neale Wade, competed in his fourth amateur contest against Jo Webb of Chateris. but lost on a unanimous decision.
You may also want to watch:
Reece, of Neale Wade, competed in his fourth amateur contest against Callum Gibson, of Haddenham.
Reece recorded a first round stoppage and he won making it a record eighth wins and six losses.
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 3 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 6 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 7 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 8 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 9 Students dare to dream of England Lionesses spot after trial success
- 10 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
Trainer Matt Lenton was delighted to see such a fantastic turn out and great effort from all the boys taking part making it a outstanding show for all involved.
In a separate contest boxer Eryk Civreja, of Neale Wade competed in his eight amateur contest at Nuneaton against Charles Dunn.
He lost for the first time on an unanimous decision.