Boxing night is a sell-out success
- Credit: Archant
A March boxing club held a successful sell out night of fight action with four local boys competing in skills and amateur bouts.
Sparta held the home show at the March youth and community centre.
Taking part were local youth boxers Kacper Ciureja, 10, Igor Mihailov, 14, Dylan Greeenacre, 13 and Reece Oldfield, 14.
Kacper, of Cavalry School and Igor, of Neale Wade, successfully competed in their fourth skills bouts which went well for both young athletes.
Dylan, of Neale Wade, competed in his fourth amateur contest against Jo Webb of Chateris. but lost on a unanimous decision.
You may also want to watch:
Reece, of Neale Wade, competed in his fourth amateur contest against Callum Gibson, of Haddenham.
Reece recorded a first round stoppage and he won making it a record eighth wins and six losses.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 4 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 5 MP wants an end to floods misery in the Fens
- 6 Dad has 'much more energy to run around' with son after losing four stone
- 7 All staff and residents at Chatteris care home now vaccinated against Covid
- 8 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 9 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 10 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
Trainer Matt Lenton was delighted to see such a fantastic turn out and great effort from all the boys taking part making it a outstanding show for all involved.
In a separate contest boxer Eryk Civreja, of Neale Wade competed in his eight amateur contest at Nuneaton against Charles Dunn.
He lost for the first time on an unanimous decision.