BOXING: Sparta ABC star Eryk Ciureja boxes clever to clinch another national title
- Credit: Archant
Sparta ABC star Eryk Ciureja stormed to his seventh title of the season at the Hull Box Cup last weekend.
The club’s boxer of the year was crowned 46kg division champion after dethroning Welsh champion Billy Unsworth in a three-round showdown at the Bonus Youth Performance Centre.
After battling through a day of intense qualifiers, Ciureja faced an opponent determined to hold onto his title.
Unsworth came out with intent in the opening round, but the highly-skilled Ciureja reacted well, boxing with intelligence and power to win the round.
The fighters went toe-to-toe in rounds two and three but Ciureja came out on top following a display of excellent inside fighting which included some booming body shots.
You may also want to watch:
Eryk’s coach, Matt Lenton, said: “It was a really outstanding display. Eryk showed real class and his boxing brain was second to none.
“It was an excellent victory especially over one of the best fighters in the country and he is going from strength to strength.”
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 4 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 5 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 6 Dad has 'much more energy to run around' with son after losing four stone
- 7 MP wants an end to floods misery in the Fens
- 8 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 9 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 10 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer