BOXING: Sparta ABC talent Eryk turns on the style in Scunthorpe
- Credit: Archant
Sparta ABC coach Matt Lenton has heaped praise on prodigy Eryk Ciureja after the youngster eased to yet another victory last weekend.
The 15-year-old turned in another commanding performance to triumph in his headline fight at a show in Scunthorpe, a display which Lenton believes was the finest of Ciureja’s blossoming career.
“Eryk boxed sublimely with devastating counter-punching and set-piece moves,” he said.
“He dominated all three rounds and was a deserved winner.
“I’ve travelled all over with Eryk and that was the best I’ve seen him fight in his career.”
You may also want to watch:
Ciureja’s victory was the 22nd of what is shaping up to be a very promising career at amateur level, with his most notable successes coming at the National Amateur Boxing Championships.
He won his first national title aged 13 in 2014, before taking home the golden glove for the second time last year.
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 3 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 4 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 5 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 6 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 7 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 8 £1.5 million food store creates 12 jobs
- 9 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 10 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90