BOXING: Sparta ABC talent Eryk turns on the style in Scunthorpe
- Credit: Archant
Sparta ABC coach Matt Lenton has heaped praise on prodigy Eryk Ciureja after the youngster eased to yet another victory last weekend.
The 15-year-old turned in another commanding performance to triumph in his headline fight at a show in Scunthorpe, a display which Lenton believes was the finest of Ciureja’s blossoming career.
“Eryk boxed sublimely with devastating counter-punching and set-piece moves,” he said.
“He dominated all three rounds and was a deserved winner.
“I’ve travelled all over with Eryk and that was the best I’ve seen him fight in his career.”
You may also want to watch:
Ciureja’s victory was the 22nd of what is shaping up to be a very promising career at amateur level, with his most notable successes coming at the National Amateur Boxing Championships.
He won his first national title aged 13 in 2014, before taking home the golden glove for the second time last year.
- 1 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 2 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 3 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 4 ‘Shovel-ready’ mayor brings key schemes back from the brink
- 5 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 6 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 7 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 8 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 9 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 10 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title