BOXING: Sparta ABC talent Eryk turns on the style in Scunthorpe
- Credit: Archant
Sparta ABC coach Matt Lenton has heaped praise on prodigy Eryk Ciureja after the youngster eased to yet another victory last weekend.
The 15-year-old turned in another commanding performance to triumph in his headline fight at a show in Scunthorpe, a display which Lenton believes was the finest of Ciureja’s blossoming career.
“Eryk boxed sublimely with devastating counter-punching and set-piece moves,” he said.
“He dominated all three rounds and was a deserved winner.
“I’ve travelled all over with Eryk and that was the best I’ve seen him fight in his career.”
You may also want to watch:
Ciureja’s victory was the 22nd of what is shaping up to be a very promising career at amateur level, with his most notable successes coming at the National Amateur Boxing Championships.
He won his first national title aged 13 in 2014, before taking home the golden glove for the second time last year.
- 1 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 4 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 5 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 6 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 7 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 8 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 9 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 10 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit