BOXING: Sparta ABC talents secure hat-trick of victories
- Credit: Archant
There was a hat-trick of successful outings for young talents from Sparta Amateur Boxing Club last weekend.
Eryk Ciureja, Callum Fitzpatrick and Scarlett Charles stepped into the ring in shows across the country and all returned to Fenland with wins under their belts.
First up was Ciureja, who eased to victory over opponent Paddy Lee in Bradford.
The 15-year-old turned in one of the best performances of his blossoming career, easily winning all three rounds.
Youngster Fitzpatrick also impressed, showing great prowess to secure a first career victory.
The 10-year-old boxed superbly and showed great prowess in what was a comfortable win.
Sparta’s successful weekend was rounded off by Scarlett, who stepped into the ring for her first skills bout in Sparta colours.
- 1 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 2 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 3 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 4 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 5 Man who ran 'fly-tippers paradise’ faces £32,000 bill
- 6 Cable fault caused power cut for more than 350 customers in Wisbech
- 7 Cambridgeshire man stabbed partner in the neck while she held their baby
- 8 Pupils tell Ofsted school so good they don't want to leave
- 9 March set to light a beacon for Platinum Jubilee
- 10 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
The youngster showcased some impressive boxing skills and looks set to have a promising career at the Fenland club.
Sparta coach, Matt Lenton said: “All three fighters did really well and I’m extremely impressed with their performances.”
Also in action recently was Liam Finlay, who sealed a ninth career victory with a points victory at a show in Colchester, and Ryan Ebers, who was unlucky to be sent to his first career defeat.