BOXING: Sparta ABC talents secure hat-trick of victories
- Credit: Archant
There was a hat-trick of successful outings for young talents from Sparta Amateur Boxing Club last weekend.
Eryk Ciureja, Callum Fitzpatrick and Scarlett Charles stepped into the ring in shows across the country and all returned to Fenland with wins under their belts.
First up was Ciureja, who eased to victory over opponent Paddy Lee in Bradford.
The 15-year-old turned in one of the best performances of his blossoming career, easily winning all three rounds.
Youngster Fitzpatrick also impressed, showing great prowess to secure a first career victory.
You may also want to watch:
The 10-year-old boxed superbly and showed great prowess in what was a comfortable win.
Sparta’s successful weekend was rounded off by Scarlett, who stepped into the ring for her first skills bout in Sparta colours.
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 3 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 4 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 5 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 6 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 7 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 8 £1.5 million food store creates 12 jobs
- 9 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 10 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
The youngster showcased some impressive boxing skills and looks set to have a promising career at the Fenland club.
Sparta coach, Matt Lenton said: “All three fighters did really well and I’m extremely impressed with their performances.”
Also in action recently was Liam Finlay, who sealed a ninth career victory with a points victory at a show in Colchester, and Ryan Ebers, who was unlucky to be sent to his first career defeat.