BOXING: Sparta ABC talents secure hat-trick of victories
- Credit: Archant
There was a hat-trick of successful outings for young talents from Sparta Amateur Boxing Club last weekend.
Eryk Ciureja, Callum Fitzpatrick and Scarlett Charles stepped into the ring in shows across the country and all returned to Fenland with wins under their belts.
First up was Ciureja, who eased to victory over opponent Paddy Lee in Bradford.
The 15-year-old turned in one of the best performances of his blossoming career, easily winning all three rounds.
Youngster Fitzpatrick also impressed, showing great prowess to secure a first career victory.
You may also want to watch:
The 10-year-old boxed superbly and showed great prowess in what was a comfortable win.
Sparta’s successful weekend was rounded off by Scarlett, who stepped into the ring for her first skills bout in Sparta colours.
- 1 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 2 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 3 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 4 ‘Shovel-ready’ mayor brings key schemes back from the brink
- 5 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 6 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 7 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 8 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 9 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 10 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
The youngster showcased some impressive boxing skills and looks set to have a promising career at the Fenland club.
Sparta coach, Matt Lenton said: “All three fighters did really well and I’m extremely impressed with their performances.”
Also in action recently was Liam Finlay, who sealed a ninth career victory with a points victory at a show in Colchester, and Ryan Ebers, who was unlucky to be sent to his first career defeat.