BOXING: Sparta ABC youngsters start new season in winning style
- Credit: Archant
Boxing prospects from Sparta ABC have begin the new season in style.
A handful of youngsters from the March club were in action at shows in Hoddesdon and Leicester in recent weeks, adding impressive wins to their amateur records.
First up was Igor Mihailov, who, thanks to his accurate punches and set-piece moves, eased to an impressive win in his 20th bout.
Next through the ropes was 11-year-old Andrew Garner, who performed well through all three rounds of his fight, followed by John Doe, who pulled on the gloves for the first time as a Sparta fighter.
Callum Fitzpatrick was also in action, but was unlucky to lose his bout.
You may also want to watch:
Sparta returned to action the following weekend in Leicester, with Garner claiming a points victory, Fitzpatrick bouncing back with a win and Mihailov narrowly missing out.
Head coach, Matt Lenton, said: “I’m really pleased with all the boys’ performances. They all boxed well and it bodes well for the future of the club.”
- 1 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 2 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle
- 3 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 4 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 5 Sandbags available ahead as Storm Christoph arrives
- 6 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 7 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 8 ‘Boris should try to fill in the forms if he thinks they’re so simple’
- 9 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 10 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer