BOXING: Sparta ABC youngsters start new season in winning style
- Credit: Archant
Boxing prospects from Sparta ABC have begin the new season in style.
A handful of youngsters from the March club were in action at shows in Hoddesdon and Leicester in recent weeks, adding impressive wins to their amateur records.
First up was Igor Mihailov, who, thanks to his accurate punches and set-piece moves, eased to an impressive win in his 20th bout.
Next through the ropes was 11-year-old Andrew Garner, who performed well through all three rounds of his fight, followed by John Doe, who pulled on the gloves for the first time as a Sparta fighter.
Callum Fitzpatrick was also in action, but was unlucky to lose his bout.
You may also want to watch:
Sparta returned to action the following weekend in Leicester, with Garner claiming a points victory, Fitzpatrick bouncing back with a win and Mihailov narrowly missing out.
Head coach, Matt Lenton, said: “I’m really pleased with all the boys’ performances. They all boxed well and it bodes well for the future of the club.”
- 1 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 2 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 4 Man who died in road crash is named
- 5 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 6 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 7 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 8 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 9 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 10 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million