BOXING: Sparta ABC youngsters start new season in winning style
- Credit: Archant
Boxing prospects from Sparta ABC have begin the new season in style.
A handful of youngsters from the March club were in action at shows in Hoddesdon and Leicester in recent weeks, adding impressive wins to their amateur records.
First up was Igor Mihailov, who, thanks to his accurate punches and set-piece moves, eased to an impressive win in his 20th bout.
Next through the ropes was 11-year-old Andrew Garner, who performed well through all three rounds of his fight, followed by John Doe, who pulled on the gloves for the first time as a Sparta fighter.
Callum Fitzpatrick was also in action, but was unlucky to lose his bout.
You may also want to watch:
Sparta returned to action the following weekend in Leicester, with Garner claiming a points victory, Fitzpatrick bouncing back with a win and Mihailov narrowly missing out.
Head coach, Matt Lenton, said: “I’m really pleased with all the boys’ performances. They all boxed well and it bodes well for the future of the club.”
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 3 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 4 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 6 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 7 Students dare to dream of England Lionesses spot after trial success
- 8 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 9 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
- 10 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris