BOXING: Sparta star Eryk Ciureja adds win number 13 with NABC Championships triumph
- Credit: Archant
Thirteen is unlucky for some, but not Sparta ABC fighter Eryk Ciureja.
The 16-year-old added his 13th straight win last weekend with a commanding victory in Dagenham – defending his NABC Championships title in the process.
The youngster triumphed after three close rounds and will now go on to the semi-finals held in Wales next week.
Coach, Matt Lenton, said: “It was a great performance from Eryk. You won’t find better fighters anywhere in the country so it was an excellent win.”
Reese Oldfield and John Smith were also in action in Essex but both suffered points defeats.
You may also want to watch:
Another of Sparta’s prodigies was in action last weekend. Andrew Garner, 11, claimed the second win of his blossoming career with an impressive points win.
He showcased the technique he has been honing in the gym to win over three entertaining rounds.
- 1 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 2 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 Rugby club fears vendetta after vandals strike again
- 5 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 6 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 7 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 8 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 9 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 10 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart
For more information on Sparta, search ‘Sparta ABC’ on Facebook.