BOXING: Sparta star Eryk Ciureja adds win number 13 with NABC Championships triumph
- Credit: Archant
Thirteen is unlucky for some, but not Sparta ABC fighter Eryk Ciureja.
The 16-year-old added his 13th straight win last weekend with a commanding victory in Dagenham – defending his NABC Championships title in the process.
The youngster triumphed after three close rounds and will now go on to the semi-finals held in Wales next week.
Coach, Matt Lenton, said: “It was a great performance from Eryk. You won’t find better fighters anywhere in the country so it was an excellent win.”
Reese Oldfield and John Smith were also in action in Essex but both suffered points defeats.
You may also want to watch:
Another of Sparta’s prodigies was in action last weekend. Andrew Garner, 11, claimed the second win of his blossoming career with an impressive points win.
He showcased the technique he has been honing in the gym to win over three entertaining rounds.
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 3 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 4 Theatre group stalwart steps down after nine years
- 5 Yard sale raises over £1,400 from second annual event
- 6 Health chief’s stark warning: ‘The virus doesn’t care we changed the rules’
- 7 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologised after 90mph police pursuit
- 8 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 9 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 10 Medieval pottery unearthed at Cambs campsite
For more information on Sparta, search ‘Sparta ABC’ on Facebook.