BOXING: Sparta star Eryk Ciureja adds win number 13 with NABC Championships triumph
- Credit: Archant
Thirteen is unlucky for some, but not Sparta ABC fighter Eryk Ciureja.
The 16-year-old added his 13th straight win last weekend with a commanding victory in Dagenham – defending his NABC Championships title in the process.
The youngster triumphed after three close rounds and will now go on to the semi-finals held in Wales next week.
Coach, Matt Lenton, said: “It was a great performance from Eryk. You won’t find better fighters anywhere in the country so it was an excellent win.”
Reese Oldfield and John Smith were also in action in Essex but both suffered points defeats.
You may also want to watch:
Another of Sparta’s prodigies was in action last weekend. Andrew Garner, 11, claimed the second win of his blossoming career with an impressive points win.
He showcased the technique he has been honing in the gym to win over three entertaining rounds.
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 3 Man who died in road crash is named
- 4 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 5 DJ, 11, branded 'an inspiration' after winning top award
- 6 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 7 Photographer amazed by praise thanks to stunning images of space
- 8 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 9 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 10 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
For more information on Sparta, search ‘Sparta ABC’ on Facebook.