BOXING: Young Sparta ABC punching prodigies shine
- Credit: Archant
Two young Sparta ABC fighters look set to have successful careers in the sport – if their performances last weekend are anything to go by.
Richard Smith and Ryan Ebers were in action for the March club and boosted their reputations with impressive victories at two different shows.
Smith, 13, triumphed in his fight in East Tilbury, controlling all three rounds with a superb display of accurate and powerful punches.
Smith’s win was his fifth in his seven fights so far.
Ebers stepped into the ring in Eastgate, and the 11-year-old added a second win of his career with a hard-fought victory over his opponent.
You may also want to watch:
His hand speed and impressive set-piece moves were too much for his opponent and the youngster was awarded the fight on points.
Sparta coach Matt Lenton said: “These two young fighters are certainly carrying on in the footsteps of our other successful fighters.”
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 3 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 6 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 7 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 8 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 9 Dad has 'much more energy to run around' with son after losing four stone
- 10 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless