BOXING: Young Sparta ABC punching prodigies shine
- Credit: Archant
Two young Sparta ABC fighters look set to have successful careers in the sport – if their performances last weekend are anything to go by.
Richard Smith and Ryan Ebers were in action for the March club and boosted their reputations with impressive victories at two different shows.
Smith, 13, triumphed in his fight in East Tilbury, controlling all three rounds with a superb display of accurate and powerful punches.
Smith’s win was his fifth in his seven fights so far.
Ebers stepped into the ring in Eastgate, and the 11-year-old added a second win of his career with a hard-fought victory over his opponent.
You may also want to watch:
His hand speed and impressive set-piece moves were too much for his opponent and the youngster was awarded the fight on points.
Sparta coach Matt Lenton said: “These two young fighters are certainly carrying on in the footsteps of our other successful fighters.”
- 1 Connor tops poll as Tories retained Fenland dominance on county council
- 2 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 3 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 4 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 5 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 6 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 7 Election 2021: Tories win Whittlesey by-elections
- 8 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 9 Wimblington murder probe: first photo of victim
- 10 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack