BOXING: Young Sparta ABC punching prodigies shine
- Credit: Archant
Two young Sparta ABC fighters look set to have successful careers in the sport – if their performances last weekend are anything to go by.
Richard Smith and Ryan Ebers were in action for the March club and boosted their reputations with impressive victories at two different shows.
Smith, 13, triumphed in his fight in East Tilbury, controlling all three rounds with a superb display of accurate and powerful punches.
Smith’s win was his fifth in his seven fights so far.
Ebers stepped into the ring in Eastgate, and the 11-year-old added a second win of his career with a hard-fought victory over his opponent.
His hand speed and impressive set-piece moves were too much for his opponent and the youngster was awarded the fight on points.
Sparta coach Matt Lenton said: “These two young fighters are certainly carrying on in the footsteps of our other successful fighters.”
- 1 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 2 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 3 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 4 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 5 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 6 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 7 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 8 Isabella, 10, impresses to win top prize ahead of Whittlesey Extravaganza
- 9 Could you give these pets a home?
- 10 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks