Brad set to take on world’s best
A CHATTERIS triathlete will represent Great Britain in next year s world championships in Canada. Brad White, 23, qualified for the ITU Triathlon Age Group World Championships after an impressive performance in the Northampton Sprint Triathlon two weeks a
A CHATTERIS triathlete will represent Great Britain in next year's world championships in Canada.
Brad White, 23, qualified for the ITU Triathlon Age Group World Championships after an impressive performance in the Northampton Sprint Triathlon two weeks ago.
The Northampton triathlon was one of three qualifying events that attracted around 500 of the country's best triathletes.
And White's performance resulted in selection to the 10-strong team in his age group that will travel to Vancouver in June 2008.
You may also want to watch:
White said: "I am delighted to achieve qualification and now I have to concentrate on preparation and working hard in winter training.
"My work as a groundworker has made it difficult for me to train and compete in standard distance triathlons but moving to sprint distance has made things a little easier."
- 1 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 2 Chatteris drug dealers handed community orders
- 3 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 4 Serious crash blocks main road into Fen town
- 5 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 6 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 7 Hancock admits QEH 'in serious need of improvement' but makes no promises
- 8 Covid ban on collecting CCTV says police after cycle theft
- 9 Floral tributes laid for ‘amazing brother’ killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 10 Cannabis factory uncovered in Fen village
The Northampton Sprint Triathlon was still a major test for athletes and comprised a 750-metre swim, 15-mile cycling stage and three-mile run. White has also won single-discipline events, including a 50-mile challenge bike ride.
Maintaining his good form is only one test for White as he explains: "I now have to raise a considerable amount of money so that I can purchase equipment, continue to train and cover my costs in Canada.
"If I am going to compete at the highest level of the sport I want to make sure that I have the very best equipment.
"I have relied on my own money to make it this far but I am hoping to attract sponsorship to raise around £10,000 so that I can buy a top-quality bike and continue to compete.
"The triathlon season is just about finished but I want to take part in as many big races as I can between now and the summer.
"Hopefully, I will be able to make a name for myself in the sport."
Anyone interested in sponsoring Brad White should contact Carly on 01354 693937.