Bradshaw the star for March Athletic Club as Fenland’s runners battle cold at Hinchingbrook Park event
MARCH Athletic Club runner Joe Bradshaw was the star performer as runners across Fenland competed in Sunday’s Frostbite Friendly League event at Hinchingbrook Park in Huntingdon.
Bradshaw won the junior race with a fantastic performance as the cold weather and injuries took their toll on a number of runners. However, 19 senior and 7 junior March AC runners still completed their races.
A severe overnight frost left the ground slippery and with only six male runners in the squad it was left to Fenland Running Club’s ladies to complete the team requirement of 10 runners.
Robin Parker finished eighth and Nicole Coughlin was the first lady home in a very respectable 98th place overall. The men’s team have dropped from fourth to seventh in the standings after the event.
March Athletic Club full results: Juniors – Joe Bradshaw (1st) 9.17; Jack Simon 11.55; Nathan Redhead 12.22; Ben Watson 12.26; Niall Knightly 14.47; Archie Paterson 14.48; Ashleigh Paterson 17.31.
You may also want to watch:
Seniors – Andrew Larham 32.52; Darren Moat 33.36; Peter West 34.14; Wayne Stimson 34.19; Mark Salmons 35.30; Karen Paterson 36.20; Michael Stacey 36.52; John Savage 37.25; Barry Freeman 38.33; Geraldine Emmins 40.03; Fred Amps 40.13; James Richmond 41.30; Malcolm Hunt 41.49; Shaun Donkin 43.45; Austin Paterson 44.46; Emma Knightly 46.30; Pat Brown 47.30; Keith Saward 48.59; Ray Few 50.13
Fenland Running Club full results: Robin Parker, 8th, 29.28; Justin Kinsey, 35th, 31.52; Andre Pittock, 97th, 34.30; Nicole Coughlin, 98th, 34.31; Trudy Sayall, 109th, 34.49; Dan Wate, 117th, 35.07; Paul Weigand, 118th, 35.13; Sarah Hern, 182nd, 38.40; Adam Chown, 228th, 41.34; Maire Irlam, 252nd, 43.31; Jane Greenwood, 282nd, 45.54; Leize Du Plessis, 290th, 47.23.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 4 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 5 MP wants an end to floods misery in the Fens
- 6 Dad has 'much more energy to run around' with son after losing four stone
- 7 All staff and residents at Chatteris care home now vaccinated against Covid
- 8 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 9 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 10 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard