Brand new start for March Town United’s Ash but Hares are beaten 4-1 at Walden
SPEEDY forward Ash Brand made his March Town United comeback on Saturday but the Hares were beaten 4-1 by Saffron Walden Town.
Brand, who left the GER in the summer to follow manager Brett Whaley to Yaxley, has now re-signed for his hometown club.
He came on as a substitute in Saturday’s disappointing defeat, which saw the Hares drop to 12th in the Thurlow Nunn First Division.
Paul Crosbie’s side shipped an early goal in Essex but they hit back through Danny Emmington in the 36th minute.
Walden restored their lead on the stroke of half time and they extended their advantage twice after the break.
You may also want to watch:
The loss was March’s fifth consecutive defeat in the league. They host Swaffham Town on Saturday.
• A BRACE from Adam White inspired March Town United Reserves to a thrilling 4-3 cup win over Walsoken United.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
White’s double helped the Hares’ second string power into the next round of the North Cambs Junior Cup with Saturday’s win.
John Gibbons and Liam Lorraine were also on target.