Brand new start for March Town United’s Ash but Hares are beaten 4-1 at Walden
SPEEDY forward Ash Brand made his March Town United comeback on Saturday but the Hares were beaten 4-1 by Saffron Walden Town.
Brand, who left the GER in the summer to follow manager Brett Whaley to Yaxley, has now re-signed for his hometown club.
He came on as a substitute in Saturday’s disappointing defeat, which saw the Hares drop to 12th in the Thurlow Nunn First Division.
Paul Crosbie’s side shipped an early goal in Essex but they hit back through Danny Emmington in the 36th minute.
Walden restored their lead on the stroke of half time and they extended their advantage twice after the break.
You may also want to watch:
The loss was March’s fifth consecutive defeat in the league. They host Swaffham Town on Saturday.
• A BRACE from Adam White inspired March Town United Reserves to a thrilling 4-3 cup win over Walsoken United.
- 1 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Green light for off-licence despite objections
- 4 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 5 All staff and residents at Chatteris care home now vaccinated against Covid
- 6 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 7 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 8 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 9 MP wants an end to floods misery in the Fens
- 10 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
White’s double helped the Hares’ second string power into the next round of the North Cambs Junior Cup with Saturday’s win.
John Gibbons and Liam Lorraine were also on target.