BREAKING NEWS: Callum Reed leaves Wisbech Town
MIDFIELD star Callum Reed has left Wisbech Town.
The 23-year-old has not played for the Fenmen this month as he has been caring for his mother, who is suffering from an ongoing illness.
He has now left the Elgood’s Fenland Stadium and will look for a club closer to his home in Yaxley.
Reed made 54 appearances for Steve Appleby’s side in the last two seasons, scoring 24 goals.
He left the Fenmen for fierce rivals King’s Lynn Town in May, but completed a dramatic U-turn by returning to Wisbech in August.
You may also want to watch:
He scored the winner in the Fenmen’s Ridgeons League Challenge Cup triumph last season - having also scored four goals in the semi-final against Stowmarket Town.
• For more on Callum Reed’s departure see Friday’s Wisbech Standard.
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 3 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 6 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 7 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 8 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 9 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
- 10 Live updates as cyclist is ‘hit by lorry’ near March secondary school