BREAKING NEWS: Callum Reed leaves Wisbech Town
MIDFIELD star Callum Reed has left Wisbech Town.
The 23-year-old has not played for the Fenmen this month as he has been caring for his mother, who is suffering from an ongoing illness.
He has now left the Elgood’s Fenland Stadium and will look for a club closer to his home in Yaxley.
Reed made 54 appearances for Steve Appleby’s side in the last two seasons, scoring 24 goals.
He left the Fenmen for fierce rivals King’s Lynn Town in May, but completed a dramatic U-turn by returning to Wisbech in August.
You may also want to watch:
He scored the winner in the Fenmen’s Ridgeons League Challenge Cup triumph last season - having also scored four goals in the semi-final against Stowmarket Town.
• For more on Callum Reed’s departure see Friday’s Wisbech Standard.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 4 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 5 MP wants an end to floods misery in the Fens
- 6 Dad has 'much more energy to run around' with son after losing four stone
- 7 All staff and residents at Chatteris care home now vaccinated against Covid
- 8 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 9 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 10 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy