Brilliant Becky warms up for Duathlon World Championships in style as Fenland runners star
RUNNING star Becky Cousins continued her stylish preparations for the Duathlon World Championships with a stunning run on Saturday.
The Fenland Running Club (FRC) ace was the first lady home in the second of the Peterborough 5K races, which took place at Eye.
Cousins clocked an impressive 18:54 to lead the way for FRC, whose 15 runners all beat the 30-minute mark. She is due to compete in the Duathlon World Championships in Nancy, France, in September.
Jack Trow also continued his fine form to finish seventh in the men’s section in 16:42, while club coach Robin Parker was 18th in 17:37.
Paul Arnold (38th, 18:46), John Chapman (60th, 19:48) and Lucy Chessor (72nd, 20:06) beat their personal bests to seal a memorable event for the club.
You may also want to watch:
March Athletic Club also enjoyed a triumphant weekend as they brought prizes home from a seven-mile race at Sutton on Sunday.
Joe Bradshaw (41:53) was first home for the club and claimed third place overall.
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 3 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologises after 90mph police pursuit
- 4 Yard sale raises over £1,400 from second annual event
- 5 Theatre group stalwart steps down after nine years
- 6 Stunning drone footage shows prom night in all its glory
- 7 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 8 Health chief’s stark warning: ‘The virus doesn’t care we changed the rules’
- 9 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 10 Round one to High Flyer after highways gives thumbs up to giant mug
But things got even better for March AC in the team contest, as Bradshaw joined Jason Perring, Andrew Larham, Mick Stacey and Debra Wait to scoop first prize.
Wait (47:09) also won the second lady and first vet prizes with a stunning performance.
Karen Patterson (48:49) took the third lady prize while Ashleigh Patterson received a Queen’s Jubilee Medal for taking part in the two-mile fun run.